Qualifications & Requirements
Graduation from an accredited university/college with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or a minimum of four years relevant professional experience.
Four years of professional experience in network administration and support, preferably in an institution of higher education or other field that is directly related to the functions of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of network protocols and services including: Ethernet, 802.1Q, 802.1D, 802.1X, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, BGP, OSPF, and LISP
• Extensive knowledge of wireless protocols and services including: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, RADIUS, and WPA2
• Extensive knowledge of data communications hardware and software including: Cisco Nexus, IOS 15.x, legacy 65xx and 35xx routers and switches, fiber and UTP cabling, ASA firewalls and IDS/IPS services.
• Working knowledge and experience with wireless tools and technologies from Fluke (AirCheck Wi-Fi Tester, AirMagnet Survey, AirMagnet Spectrum), Ekahau (WLAN Planning and Site Survey Suite), Metageek (WiFi Spectrum Analyzer), Meru and Cisco.
• Extensive knowledge of data, Internet and local area network security practices and procedures.
• Familiarity with common operating systems including: Red Hat Linux, Windows, and MacOS as well as knowledge of common vulnerabilities in those operating systems and how to minimize them through proper security configuration and/or additional software.
• Experience with systems and network auditing and scanning tools such as nmap, tripwire, syslog, and nessus.
• Knowledge of middleware and scripting languages including: Python, Ruby, Bourne shell, C, Perl, PHP, and AppleScript,
• Knowledge of data encryption technologies such as PGP and SSH.
• Ability to maintain a Best Practices approach to installation, maintenance, and security of data communications equipment in a production environment.
• Ability to acquire considerable knowledge of the higher education systems and the function of institutions of higher learning.
• Ability to prepare clear and detailed correspondence.
• Ability to represent the university at conferences and seminars.
• Ability to establish cooperative working relationships and coordinate programs with other offices or organizations that impact on or relate to work of the program or unit.