Position Purpose: The Dean of Adult and Graduate Studies reports to the senior vice president for enrollment and provides administrative oversight of adult degree completion and graduate programs. This oversight includes working directly with faculty on new product development, supporting faculty in the advising of graduate students, creating and managing revenue-related budgets, collaborating with faculty and University Communications in the creation of program-specific marketing materials, serves as a resource in curriculum design including course sequencing. In conjunction with the Director of Adult Degree Completion Programs oversees all recruitment efforts for adult and graduate programs.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts actions in accordance with university policies and procedures.
- Engages actively in the life of the university through participation in campus and community events.
- Serves as a role model for other members of the university community.
- Remains engaged in developments within higher education as a whole. Communicates actively with colleagues on all AU enrollment sites about these best practices and developments.
- Develops and implements an annual revenue generating operating plan for all Adult and Graduate degree programs. Actively reviews and modifies, when necessary, all enrollment goals for new students and retention metrics for continuing students. Continuously reviews revenue benchmarks and progress toward goals.
- Directs all operations for the Center of Adult and Graduate Studies as well as the Orchard Center.
- Works with the Director of Adult Degree Completion Programs to provide enrollment leadership for all adult and graduate programs.
- Manages all aspects of graduate recruitment including all efforts to fill the graduate enrollment funnel, to reach out to prospective graduate students, to manage prospective student interviews, when appropriate, and to oversee course selection and registration.
- In collaboration with the Director of Adult Degree Completion Programs works to ensure enrollment and revenue goals are met and there is a seamless path from ADC programs into graduate programs.
- Works with Executive Directors, program directors and chairs in academic planning and curriculum development.
- Ensures that catalog, marketing and web content for all enrollment information in adult and graduate programs is accurate and compelling.
- Works with all adult and graduate recruiting personnel to plan recruiting events.
- Works to become proficient in Slate and all other data systems essential for success in this position.
- Serves as a member of the enrollment management team.
- Serves on the Graduate Affairs Committee.
- Supports all online enrollment initiatives.
- Performs other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Five to eight years of experience in higher education essential.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; customer-service orientation.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and parents and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing systems; knowledge of Colleague preferred.
- Ability to move about campuses.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the 21st century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the greater Chicago area.