1. Installs, upgrades and troubleshoots hardware and software on Windows-based PCs and Mac systems, networked printers, and peripherals (including but not limited to printers, storage units) attached to them;
2. Deploys Windows and Mac images.
3. Identifies and prioritizes support issues, resolving or escalating as appropriate.
4. Takes corrective action and works with management to implement procedures to prevent problems from recurring.
5. Develops efficient operating system images using appropriate standardized processes and tools.
6. Performs physical installation (e.g., wiring, cables, and sound systems and necessary interface cards).
7. Moves or relocates equipment.
8. Reconfigures and tests newly installed systems.
9. Ensures system integrity between hardware and operating systems.
10. Connects computers to the network (including but not limited to network card and software installation, client configuration, server configuration).
11. Alerts network staff to network failures.
12. Logs hardware/software/network problems and service request assignment status into a database.
13. Diagnoses network connectivity issues.
14. Ensure that SDSU IT security policies are followed when configuring computers and that all computers are compliant with IT security policies.
1. Performs equipment and system set up (including necessary interconnections) and performance monitoring.
2. Pre-tests and configures equipment and/or systems following service procedures.
3. Analyzes and adjusts equipment to restore proper operation
4. Ensures hardware functionality (including but not limited to planning, testing, repairing and relocating computers for Library faculty, staff and public access)
5. Documents system configurations and performance statistics.
6. Modifies and/or troubleshoots Apple Mac OS equipment.
7. Researches system/equipment malfunction history.
8. Replaces or repairs worn parts.
9. Coordinates repair and/or maintenance through vendor resources.
10. Provides timely upgrades for assigned user workstations.
11. Identifies equipment for surplus.
12. Ensures that all information, operating systems and other software (including all media) have been removed from equipment sent to surplus.
User Support and Special Projects
1. Assist students using the Library with computer and software related questions.
2. Assist with needs assessments, cost estimates and pre-purchase evaluation for workstations.
3. Promote and deploy new technologies and services.
4. Work with students to remove viruses, spyware, etc. from their systems.
5. Advise users on security measures.
Other duties as assigned
1. May be required to carry out tasks, which are appropriate to this classification but are not specifically defined in this document.
2. Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during personnel illness, vacation, and professional absences (including but not limited to):
- Acting as backup on tasks, primarily done by other staff/student assistants, during absences.