Digital Accessibility Specialist
Requisition Number: STFR003289
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of a Digital Accessibility Specialist. Digital Accessibility Specialist will establish and operationalize a university-wide Digital Accessibility program that focuses on Northeastern's digital technology infrastructure comprised of teaching and learning technologies, business systems and our overall web presence. He/she will be responsible for driving the development of practices, policies, standards, and training. He/she will be responsible for defining and communicating the level of risk and work with departments and service/website owners to prioritize and mitigate issues in support of digital accessibility compliance.
This role serves as a change agent as it relates to accessibility on campus ensuring that digital strategy i.e. digital marketing, user experience and IT functions adhere to accessibility standards. This position will oversee and manage the accessibility management platform. The role will key contributor to the successful redevelopment and launch of new, accessible websites, social media platforms, and digital marketing strategies across various Northeastern channels.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee may be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
- BS degree required (Masters degree preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Management, Marketing or related field
- 5+ years related experience preferably in a higher-ed or government environment
- Experience successfully implementing a Digital Accessibility program
- Extensive knowledge and application of accessibility factors, per W3C WAI guidelines & specifications (WCAG, WAI ARIA, etc.), Section 508 requirements and other relevant standards
- Experience of providing critical analysis to the work products of designers and developers
- Experience using either Automated and Manual Accessibility inspection methods
- Experience using assistive technologies such as NVDA, VoiceOver, JAWS, Read Write Gold, and ZoomText for accessibility evaluations
- Understanding of Mobile and/or Responsive Web
- Knowledge of accessibility standards for multimedia
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- UI/UX skills
- Project or program management skills
- Strong commitment to Customer service
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.