The Project Manager oversees multiple smaller projects or one larger project. Identifies potential project team, works with technical lead to assign individual responsibilities, identifies appropriate resources needed, develops schedule to ensure timely completion of project, and monitors project progress against schedule. May communicate with a Senior Project Manager, Functional Area Manager, Program Manager, project stakeholders or technical leads regarding status of specific projects.
Please note: Overtime and weekends are expected. This is a three-year term position.
- Coordinate and track the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of Informatics, Information Technology (IT) and related virtual and physical infrastructure projects in support of organizational area's strategic objectives and ongoing operations.
- Interacts with project leadership to determine and document project objectives, scope, functional requirements, metrics, key performance indicators and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with technical lead to determine resource requirements, budget, and deliverables.
- Coordinates projects for selected clients; administers and maintains project management tools, assists in planning, estimating and scheduling project work and supports monitoring and reporting of project progress.
- Tracks initiation and execution of software development or implementation and upgrade of several concurrent projects.
- Collaborates with technical lead to determine project timelines and scope, in cooperation with senior staff.
- Writes reports and proposals.
- Communicates project status, decisions, updates, revisions and changes to all stakeholders facilitating decision-making and project progress.
- Administers and maintains organizational area’s project management tool, assists in planning, estimating and scheduling project work and supports monitoring and reporting of project progress.
- Performs research for future potential IT services and applications; investigates and compares alternative applications and vendors.
- Develops and maintains organizational area's document repository.
- Collaborates with the functional teams to construct, update and track multiple project schedules and facilitates issue identification and resolution.
- Provides work direction for project team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Communicates with technical leads regarding performance of staff assigned to projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Experience implementing or using IBM TRIRIGA or similar IWMS software
- 2 years coordinating IT or business process initiative projects or other relevant experience required.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Sharepoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook), and overall computer skills/technical aptitude.
- Experience with Facilities Management
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.