Department: Electrical & Computer Engineering
Office Assistant (Hourly Wage)
The George Mason University Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, within the Volgenau School of Engineering, is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual for a part-time Office Assistant (Hourly Wage) to support the operation of the department. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Responsible for purchasing various items, to include but not limited to: computer software, lab equipment, office supplies, etc., for the faculty and staff of the department through eVA (the commonwealth of Virginia's procurement system);
- Regularly review the departmental budget and provide detailed financial reports and supporting documentation demonstrating all expenses are accurately charged;
- Provide administrative assistance to the faculty and staff of the department as needed;
- Organize departmental events to ensure all arrangements are accurately handled and proper personnel coverage is available throughout the event;
- Maintain the department’s social media outlets to ensure all information regarding events, deadlines, etc., are up-to-date and accurate;
- Approve access to departmental facilities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related field. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Proficiency with office productivity software; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum three years of work experience is desired;
- Experience with eVA;
- Experience working in a university setting; and
- Proficiency with office productivity software.
Due to the nature of this position, non-students are strongly desired.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG026z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.