1) Teach COMM 001 Introduction to Interpersonal Communication (An overview of the communication process, issues, and theories explaining behaviors in human relationships)
2) Teach COMM 002 Introduction to Media Studies (An examination of the role of mass communication in society, focusing on media industries, the production of content, and the ways audiences interact with media, mainly within the United States)
3) Teach COMM 012 Technology and Communication (Examination of the relationship between communication technology and society in the past, present, and future. Hands-on introduction to the current communication technologies, especially digital media)
4) COMM 020 Public Speaking
5) COMM 110 Quantitative Research Methods
6) COMM 111 Qualitative Research Methods
7) Upper-division electives such as Persuasion, Information Campaigns, Public Relations.
APPLICANTSHOULDSPECIFYWHICHCOURSE S/HE MIGHTTEACH.
Duties include fulfilling all responsibilities associated with teaching assigned courses, including:
a. Teach no more than two courses per quarter and no more than four courses over three academic quarters (fall, winter, spring), including conducting all assigned class meetings and individual conferences with students;
b. Develop syllabi, assign and evaluate student work including exams and written assignments
c. Hold weekly office hours on campus.
d. Assign grades and submit to the Office of the Registrar by the designated deadline.
e. Administer numeric and narrative evaluations to each class as assigned by the chair.
f. Fulfill other instructional or academic duties such as attending faculty meetings or department special events, as may be assigned by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences or the Chair of the Department.