The appointee shall coordinate all operational aspect of the fertility laboratory in furtherance of the universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
The Director will be responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the Fertility Laboratory within the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. As a member of the faculty, the Director will also provide services in furtherance of the Universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
- Operate laboratory in accordance with all regulatory and compliance guidelines. Maintain necessary licensing and credentialing. Act as primary contact for all laboratory regulatory issues.
- Participate with administrative and faculty leadership in long and short range strategic planning, for both laboratory and the division.
- Develop and maintain system for laboratory equipment management including maintenance of existing equipment, replacement of aged equipment, and new equipment procurement for increased volume and in response to new technology.
- Develop and maintain systems for collection, collation, and analysis of operational, outcomes, and quality data.
Clinical and Academic:
- Participate in the delivery of laboratory services to meet the needs of patients.
- Oversee the effective training and scheduling of embryology team to ensure patient care demands can be met timely and cost-effectively.
- Further develop, with other REI faculty, the education components for students, residents, and fellows, to promote understanding of the REI laboratory activities.
- Align laboratory resources to support funded fertility based research, performed within the clinical laboratory setting.
- Hire, evaluate, counsel, and dismiss (if necessary) personnel assigned to the laboratory.
- Perform or oversee annual evaluation of all lab personnel.
- Develop staff clinical skills to meet evolving laboratory best practices. Mentor professional development of staff members.
- Ensure staff meet all regulatory requirements.