The Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence Application Systems, will have oversight for the Enterprise Business Intelligence Solutions (EBIS) application development team responsible for the architecting, integration and development of all enterprise reporting, and business intelligence (BI) and analytics capabilities within Columbia University Information Technology (CUIT). Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Business Intelligence Solutions (EBIS), the incumbent will be responsible for successful execution of the strategic goals as outlined on the Business Intelligence roadmap to include managing BI resources, project schedules and deliverables. Incumbent will also be responsible for the processes associated with projects and initiatives needed to deliver BI (Business Intelligence) solutions to the business. The Sr. Manager will work closely with the business, enterprise applications, EBIS data architects, DBAs, deployment, systems, and functional teams to plan, manage, design and develop BI solutions. Therefore, proven ability to cultivate and maintain client relationships is essential.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with customer and end users in understanding their requirements and prioritization and the Director, EBIS on the execution of strategic initiatives and directing resources in the management of day-to-day activities and execution.
- Leads and mentors the BI team to implement BI and general IT best practices (i.e. data warehouse, reporting and analytics and application architecture best practices, ITIL, Change management, SDLC, Disaster Recovery, Incident Management, standards etc.).
- Works closely with data architects and the build team leads to create plans, estimates and resource schedules.
- Oversees the design, develop, implementation and support of various enterprise wide reporting solutions. Also works closely with team members, internal customers, DBAs, Data Architects, Deployment team and Infrastructure team to design solutions and to schedule resources.
- Establishes and document SLAs and OLAs with customers and service providers.
- Tracks change requests, incidents, and service requests utilizing ServiceNow.
- Works with BI team to encourage contributions to the definitions found in the data dictionary.
- Participates as a solution architect and designer for non-routine projects.
- Reports to Director through status meetings and/or status reports, metric reports, and dashboards regularly or as requested.
- Works to align work efforts with the goals, objectives and architectural vision of the Enterprise Application and EBIS organization.
- Manages change management, service request and incident resolution process. Manages EBIS service providers as needed.
- Supervises tool administration assure system availability commitments.
- Oversees production management to include define and report on metrics associated with good performance (i.e. report times, load times, Incidents, Service Requests, CRs, etc.)