Requisition ID: P01479593
Department: Information Technology Services: Office of the CIO_3
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: University Park Campus
We are currently seeking a Programmer Analyst IV to join our Enterprise Data and Analytics department within Information Technology Services. The Programmer Analyst IV will serve as a developer and/or technical consultant for large data quality and improvement initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging data quality software to assess and enrich data as well as perform root cause analysis to propose solutions to issues.
The successful candidate should have experience with relational (Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL, etc.) and non-relational (e.g. UniVerse) databases. He/she should be able to query and compare large qualities of data between various systems of record and have experience with monitoring and improving data quality for complex systems. Experience with SAS Data Management / DataFlux (or equivalent tool) is strongly preferred.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to providing information technology (IT) services and support to the university. ITS provides essential, university-wide services such as:
- Enterprise information systems
- University wired and wireless networks
- Educational Technology
- Research Computing
- IT Security
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must have at least three years of experience with relational and/or non-relational database development.
- Must be able to query and compare large quantities of data between various systems of record, including relational (e.g. Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL, etc.) and non-relational (e.g. UniVerse) databases
- Experience with data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
- Experience auditing data quality in ETL/ELT environments.
- Typically possesses experience with SAS Data Management / DataFlux (or equivalent data quality tool)
- Typically possesses experience with one or more programming languages.
- Typically possesses experience in higher education.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, extreme attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and personal mastery, including ethics, interpersonal skills, and engagement in continuous learning
- Serves as project lead or technical specialist for software applications. Establishes project plans and schedules, identifies staffing and resource requirements, and monitors progress providing status reports as required.
- Serves are primary liaison to functional users of supported systems. Communicates with users to extract and define needs.
- Designs complex applications using coding languages.
- Converts, or oversees conversion of, user needs into system design specifications (e.g., screens, input methodology, and data base structure).
- Follows protocols and procedures to ensure application security.
- Stays informed of changes in technology by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings and seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Industrial & Systems Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with SAS Data Management / DataFlux (or equivalent data quality tool)
- Experience in Higher Education
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Bachelor’s degree Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Relevant work experience providing strong technical knowledge of programming and analysis, and senior or lead experience.