|REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES |
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems typically used in critical environments.
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- 1 year experience in a Critical Environment required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
- Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Respond to off hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Brookfield-McKinstry has partnered with Another Source, an external recruitment firm, to assist with this opening. Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Key Words: HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Data Center, Operations, Preventative Maintenance, Infrastructure, Building Systems, Controls, Automation, Facility Technician, Building Engineer, Critical Environment, Industrial, Electrician, Stationary Engineer