Coordinates collection, analysis, processing & reporting of data & assists Principal Investigator (PI) in judging the validity of test data obtained in regard to biomedical &/or social-behavioral research study(ies) of limited complexity involving co-investigators, multiple campuses &/or universities. Completes all activities by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
- Participates in the planning & conduct of research study including participant recruitment, scheduling and retention.
- Obtains informed consent
- Administers tests &/or questionnaires following protocols.
- Collects, compiles, tabulates & processes responses.
- Gathers information.
- In collaboration with others, carry out research activities on various studies related to acute and chronic neurovascular injuries. Under the direction of research scientists, and reporting to the PI, perform a wide variety of duties related to the conduct and analysis of clinical research studies involving human participants.
- Lead the acquisition and analysis of experimental data.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of laboratory equipment, ensuring that it is properly calibrated following manufacturer’s instructions, maintaining warranties and service contracts where applicable. Will be expected to train other lab personnel how to use lab equipment and be available to field problems and issues that may occur during research studies.
- Maintains the research study database which includes consent forms, demographic information on participants, their medical histories and exam summaries.
- Maintaining and organizing study files
- Collects, records, reviews & summarizes research data.
- Collates relevant results & prepares tables, charts & graphs reflecting relationships of multiple tests.
- Prepare and present data and statistical analyses within study team meetings.
- Prepares reports for investigators and sponsors on recruitment status and other pertinent study data.
- Helps prepare portions of grant applications & scientific papers.
- Prepares documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols.
- Process payments for research participants per study protocol.
- Coordinates reimbursements for travel, consultant pay, & ensure costs remain within allotted grant budget.
- Prepares financial reports for the PI
- Provide work direction &/or train other research staff to interview/test participants.
- May act as a mentor in regard to education of junior coordinators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a social or health science + 2 years experience ; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Must complete NU's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
- Computer literacy required; experience with Windows, Word, Excel, and database management.
- Experience with analytical and statistical software, including Matlab and SAS.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in B.S. degree in biomedical engineering or similar field, with working knowledge of biomedical signal processing.
- Experience and/or interest in MR image analysis is a plus.
- Must have an optimistic and positive demeanor, excellent oral and written communication skills, good intuition and the ability to adapt to changing priorities within the work environment.
- Superb organizational skills and solid analytical skills.
- Must exhibit respect for participant confidentiality, careful attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to follow directions.
- Must demonstrate flexibility in regards to project demands; i.e., an adaptability to changes in schedules, coverage gaps, new technologies and unanticipated participant needs.
- Must be extremely self-motivated and detail-oriented with excellent problem solving skills.
- or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.