Underwriter Trainee - Group Benefits
The Hartford is searching for Group Benefits Underwriters! Our underwriter’s partner with various teams at The Hartford including our Sales, Account Management and Actuarial organization to strategize, price, evaluate and underwrite cases for our core products including Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Group Life.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
- Within company guidelines, price, appraise/evaluate risk, and underwrites cases for our core lines including Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Group Life
- Analyze and review Underwriting guidelines and product offerings to determine appropriate plan designs.
- Through Requests for Proposals (RFP) interpretation and system automation, generate proposal/plan design and quotes for cases
- If applicable, with guidance, profitably underwrites business through brokers and Third Party Administrators (TPAs) by reviewing and analyzing the information on each risk.
- Works independently but seeks guidance on more complex cases/applications.
- May answer questions, provide/verify information, price plan changes, rates, services, evaluate morbidity/mortality risks by coverage, etc.
- Actively contributes to staff projects, assists other underwriters as needed.
- May provide technical backup at sales presentations to clients/brokers.
- Recognizes problems, issues and improvement possibilities. Ability to summarize information and make recommendations.
- Partner with assigned sales offices to meet new premium sales goal.