|Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or related degree required. Minimum 5 years of industry experience required. |
- MS or PhD preferred.
- Strong foundation in micro and macro fabrication, sensors and actuators, controls (theoretical and applied), and materials is required.
- Extensive experience in analog and digital circuit design, PCB layout, and device performance simulation.
- Experience in the development of low power, embedded circuits, wired and wireless communications, battery management, motor control, use of sensors and transducers, and microprocessors and controllers.
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, soldering, and debugging designs. Knowledge and experience selecting and programming microprocessors, controllers, and logic arrays.
- Experience with computer-based instrumentation and data acquisition. Background in embedded control systems and signal processing (analog and digital).
- Proficiency in computer programming and electromechanical design/simulation software (e.g. C++, Orcad, PSpice, AutoCad Electrical, Matlab).
- Strong organizational skills, creativity, motivation, and communication (oral and written) skills, especially ability to work and communicate with non-engineers are required.
- Experience with grant writing, sponsored research, and project management is essential.
- Ability to tackle multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic team environment is essential. Must be able to work in an engineering and research laboratory environments.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.