Develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software. Typically works with senior staff, but may coordinate smaller or less complex projects independently. Designs and implements basic technical solutions ensuring that business needs and requirements are met. Performs basic system integration tasks. Provides estimation for assigned tasks.
- Participates in the development of new goals and strategies based on interactions with primary user.
- Develops plans for software deployment on heterogeneous systems.
- Collaborates with user to develop work flow and best practices.
- Partners with user in designing features for technology.
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone, online, in-person, etc.
- Creates and maintains code documentation.
- Grants system access to new user.
- Evaluates feature/upgrade/change requests and recommends action.
- Participates in interview process for new hires.
- Identifies database and software performance issues, and makes adjustments.
- Researches and develops new algorithms and statistical techniques designed for analyzing data based on customer needs.
- Develops and maintains software infrastructure, via patches, bundles, releases and maintenance packs.
- Codes software applications adhering to designs supporting internal business requirements or external user.
- Completes tier 3 troubleshooting.
- Designs databases and data structures.
- Prioritizes tasks within project.
- Meets with business analyst/stakeholder to determine requirements.
- Opens tickets with vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 years technical/system analysis or other relevant experience required.
- Enterprise Applications: ERP/CRM applications, FAMIS, SIMS
- Infrastructure (extends across applications): Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle and Oracle RAC, Service Orienteted Architecture (SOA), SQL/MySQL/Postgres
- PL/SQL, XML
- Analytical: critical thinking, database design/data structure, problem solving
- Project: agile environment, code documentation, collaboration and teamwork, iterative & incremental development, scrum project framework, workflow development and documentation.
- Knowledge of database concepts and ability to write complex SQL queries.
- High level of competency in an object oriented programming language.
- Ability to interact with functional users and translate requirements into technical designs.
- Previous experience with ERP system data conversions and integrations using Web Services.
- IBM Tririga
- SOAP and RESTful Service creation
- SOA and Enterprise Service Bus Integration
- Procedural SQL (PL/SQL).
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.