APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The confidential review of applications will occur as they are received and continue until the position is filled.
A cover letter and curriculum vitae must be uploaded online via the www.umjobs.org (`Careers at the `U' website) for Job ID #129714.
In addition to applying online, applicants are requested to send the following to the Office of Human Resources – Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 N. Ingalls, Suite 1349, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482 (hard copy materials) or to email@example.com (electronic materials).
- Teaching statement
- Practice statement
- Practice Scholarship statement that includes a statement of impact of his/her work in the first paragraph
- Service statement
- Copy of your highest earned degree and any licenses/certifications (if applicable)
- A list of a minimum of three (3) professional references with relevant contact information
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation sent directly from those providing the reference to the address listed above or as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three (3) to five (5) publications of your best work (usually peer-reviewed)
For further information regarding this position please contact email@example.com
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN), Office of Undergraduate Studies in the Undergraduate Program is seeking a faculty member who is actively engaged in clinical practice. We are looking for a highly productive faculty member, who is energized about their science and enthusiastic about educating and mentoring others. This individual will teach in the area of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing and will provide excellence in clinical education. This position is full-time 9-month, and the successful candidate’s practice will be in a psychiatric-mental health nursing setting inclusive of the Ann Arbor campus and/or the surrounding areas, including Detroit metro.
The position is expected to be filled during 2016-2017. We are soliciting applications from emerging as well as established scholars. Applicants will be considered for the rank listed above, depending on experience and scholarly productivity. Applicants must have demonstrated expertise in the advance practice role. Diversity is highly valued and applications from members of groups underrepresented in nursing are encouraged.
The University of Michigan is a world-class research institution. The School of Nursing offers a range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top schools of nursing in the country.
For more information about the U-M School of Nursing please see www.nursing.umich.edu.
- A Master's degree in nursing is required.
- A nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position (current licensure or willingness to obtain licensure).
- A specialty certification as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse (PMHN) or Advanced Practice Nursing (APRN) in the State of Michigan is required for this position.
- Prior to start date must be in compliance with all health requirements.
- Desire work that engages in the educational mission, with progressive successful mastery of teaching skills, and developing scholarly activities.
- Demonstrated high level competence in advanced clinical practice.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, networking and relationship building skills.
- Current clinical practice experience in an advanced practice role.
- Evidence of potential for clinical scholarship.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the development and implementation of innovative curricular activities.
- A reputation among colleagues for outstanding achievements and recognized contributions in their field of expertise.
- Evidence of service in practice and professional organizations.
The University of Michigan is a non-discriminatory, Affirmative Action Employer.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.