| || |
A completed application is required in order to be considered for this position.
| || |
| || |
San Diego State University is the oldest and largest higher education institution in the San Diego region. Since its founding in 1897, SDSU has grown to offer bachelor's degrees in 91 areas, master's degrees in 78 areas and doctorates in 22 areas. SDSU's approximately 35,000 students participate in an academic curriculum distinguished by direct contact with faculty and an increasing international emphasis that prepares them for a global future.
SDSU is a large, diverse, urban university and Hispanic-Serving Institution with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusive excellence. Our campus community is diverse in many ways, including in terms of race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, pregnancy, medical condition, and covered veteran status. We strive to build and sustain a welcoming environment for all.
SDSU is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of underrepresented groups.
| || |
| || |
Full-time, temporary position anticipated to end on or before six months and one day from initial date of appointment.
This position, under the general supervision of the Lead Worker in Shipping & Receiving Services, performs the full scope of duties and responsibilities involved in shipping & receiving and mail operations. Rotation between departments will be performed on an “as required” basis. The work involves heavy manual labor and a variety of record and receiving tasks. The incumbent is required to regularly have the physical ability to lift materials and supplies weighing up to 70 pounds per package (boxes, bags, etc.). This position is also responsible for the prompt, efficient delivery and collection of mail, both on foot and by vehicle under varying conditions, and the earliest dispatch of outgoing mail. Duties may be reassigned intermittently depending on department needs, deadlines, and workload.
| || |
| || |
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,060 per month (CSU Classification Salary Range: $2,656 - $4,312 per month). The competitive salary is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
| || |
| || |
- Receive all incoming materials delivered by vendor and common carrier trucks, Parcel Post and United Parcel Service. Also responsible for packing and shipment of outgoing material as well. Check incoming materials against purchase orders, packing slips, and bills of lading to verify order accuracy, as well as the condition and quantity of items received. Make data entry into receiving systems for accurate receiving. Notify and work with Lead worker on all discrepancies encountered. Assist in resolving discrepancies with Procurement and campus departments.
- Responsibility for receiving, sorting and distribution of U.S and campus mail. Distribution of other campus related material.
- Operate powered and non-powered materials handling equipment (e.g., hand trucks, fork lifts, dollies, etc.) to load, unload, and transport goods and equipment.
- Unload; unpack/open a wide variety of boxed materials and equipment including office supplies, furniture, biological products, etc. and properly in a timely manner receiving and make ready for shipping to end user on campus.
- Prepare material and equipment for outgoing shipment via common carriers, Parcel Post, United Parcel Service and other companies.
- Provide pick-up and delivery service of University materials and equipment. Operate a variety of vehicles including trucks and small vans.
- Keep warehouse clean and organized.
- Assist in maintaining timely request of surplus removal services, to include verification of start and stop dates and times, State ID number verification, accuracy of disposal manifest, etc.
- Assist in maintaining and collecting receiving records of all SDSU equipment as required by utilizing various types of bar code labels, bar coding equipment, barcode scanners, and other receiving reading equipment. Assist in tagging, recording and maintaining proper equipment identification State ID number(s), model and serial number(s) for equipment delivered to all campus locations.
- Report discrepancies involving new equipment. Prepare appropriate documentation.
- Assist in recording State ID numbers and locations for property and equipment delivered directly to the campus.
- Track equipment donated or transferred to the University and complete required paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active participation in the Campus Disaster Preparedness Plan is required.