Radio/Network Technician Level-II:
The Radio/Network Technician is responsible for performing tasks associated with installation and/or maintenance of digital communication equipment. Radio/Network Technicians perform new customer installations, service calls, de-installations, and network maintenance, among other projects. The successful candidate must be driven to learn new technologies and be capable of mastering tasks quickly, self-starting and dedicated to being part of a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing antennas, radios, cameras, and other wireless/network customer premises equipment
- Mounting/Installing racks, batteries, various mounts and related equipment
- Troubleshooting/Repairing antenna systems and data circuit problems related to wireless and network equipment
- Installing, connectorizing and testing CAT5/CAT6, LMR, and other coaxial cable for both indoor and outdoor applications
- Operating data and microwave test equipment and record results
- Preparing and submitting installation reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Preparing and submitting maintenance reports in an accurate and timely manner •Providing updates to supervisors and/or project managers in an informative manner on a daily basis
- Perform and maintain equipment inventories for installation and support projects
- Perform pre-construction site walks to identify materials and develop installation plan
- Process and submit defective equipment for repair/replacement based on Warranty and Support contracts •Required to be on a rotating 24/7 on-call system support schedule
- Familiarity with one or more of the following radios is a major plus: Cambium, Cisco, Exalt, Bridgewave, Alcatel-Lucent, and Aruba. •Specific Radio Models: Zebra-7161's Access Points, Dragonwave-Duo's / Quantums, Cambium-PTP800, PTP650, PTP450, Cambium PMP radios.
- Daily driving and maintenance of company vehicle including bucket trucks
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- 3+ years of experience installing digital wireless equipment and/or in related technical fields
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and capable of managing several complex tasks at a time
- Must be a team player and accept instruction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written & verbal
- Strong customer service skills
- Experienced with installing equipment racks, running and lacing power, ground and signal cables
- Strong Network troubleshooting skills
- Microwave and wireless radio frequency experience
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and altitudes
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds regularly
- Ability to work from lift/bucket truck platform up to 80'
- Ability to work on rooftops two stories and above
- Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check upon employment and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and Family Violence Convictions.
Certifications, Licenses and Additional Requirements:
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with a safe driving record
- Must have or obtain a DOT Medical Card •Must have or be willing to obtain OSHA Construction Industry 10-Hour DOL Card
- Must have or be willing to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
- Required to obtain a bucket truck or aerial lift certification
- May be required to obtain a CDL with required endorsements
- Will be required to obtain necessary equipment certifications if not already possessed; particularly with Alcatel-Lucent MDR8000 & MPR9500
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Position will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.