| EOE Statement:|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Provides creative and strategic job search advice to individual students, engage employers and current students, creates and implements outreach strategies, and teaches. Assists with developing and implementing strategic initiatives for student job search strategies and advising strategies. Collaborates closely with Associate Dean to identify areas for program innovation and improvement.
- Student Advising: Employee will meet with students and alumni to provide general advice and customized strategy for career searches, assist with resumes and cover letters as well as other communications, ensure all students are informed of all basic job search resources and tools, and maintain consistent regular communication and follow up with students. Employee will ensure the development and update of necessary written materials. Employee will fully utilize software and databases to record student employment data and effectively advise students in the career search.
- Strategic Advising Initiatives: Employee will develop strategic initiatives for advising and implement those initiatives and training programs.
- Education: Employee will create various educational programs related to professionalism and career success, including a one-hour course.
- Projects: Employee will work on teams and act as team leader as appropriate, to promote and create new initiatives in the specific focus areas assigned (geographic and practice area).
- Presentations: Employee will effectively present to various audiences including prospective students, alumni, employers, students, and other key stakeholders to ensure the success of the law school.
Perform other duties as assigned.
JD Degree. Five years’ experience in recruiting from the employer perspective; five years’ experience as a practicing attorney.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, computer skills; organizational skills; ability to implement systems.
Ability to travel is required.
Supervisory experience; teaching experience. Bar license (any state) preferred although not necessarily active.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)