This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Kidney Center Division and is located on the Medical School Campus, Chromalloy American Kidney Center.
Position performs duties related to patient care such as initiating and terminating dialysis treatments, performing phlebotomy, maintaining records and responding to needs of patients that are treated in the outpatient dialysis setting.
- Arranges and maintains equipment and supplies for performance of dialysis and other procedures, including preparation of Dialysate solutions.
- Performs cannulation, initiates, monitors and discontinues dialysis treatment.
- Observes and monitors patient vital signs and significant dialysis treatment parameters.
- Observes patient signs and symptoms.
- Communicates pertinent patient information or changes in patient condition to the team leader. Documents these results per unit policy.
- Transports, weighs and assists patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers and chairs.
- Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines and responds to patient concerns in a timely manner.
- Organizational, interpersonal, communication, and phlebotomy skills. Ability to work in a team setting. Mathematical ability and ability to respond appropriately in emergent situations.
- Working knowledge of computers.
Position works on an as needed basis.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Equivalent of high school diploma with 6 months of experience in a hospital or outpatient health care facility setting.
- Basic Life Support preferred.
- Dialysis experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant/CNA certification preferred.
- 6 months experience in a hospital or outpatient health care facility setting.
The hiring range for this position is $11.76 to $14.11 per hour.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C03.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.