Department: UL - Student Centers
General Maintenance Technician (Lead)
George Mason University Student Centers is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual for a General Maintenance Technician Lead. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Supports the maintenance program by providing general maintenance trade services and lead responsibilities during assigned shifts;
- Is an essential role in maintaining buildings and facility operations; and supporting a learning environment that promotes health, attitude, and pride of students and tenants;
- In addition to regular trade functions, the lead provides guidance and direction to other trade workers;
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning and evaluating the work of lower-level employees;
- Works under minimal supervision;
- May be designated as lead worker or supervise a small crew;
- Performs general repairs and maintenance work in a trade; and
- Typically works as member of a general team responsible for providing all repair and maintenance service required in an assigned area of buildings and facilities of the Student Centers and associated buildings and grounds.
- Knowledge of the building trades and use of associated tools, equipment and materials required;
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools, gauges and equipment used in electrical, carpentry, plumbing/steam fitting and HVAC work;
- Ability to instruct and inspect the work of others engaged in trades work; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of users and occupants of buildings and facilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience, but will not exceed $46,500.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09291z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/, complete and submit the online application, and upload a resume.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.