| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Division of Clinical Research. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The successful candidate will manage the Study Design and Data Core of a large department with a vibrant clinical research portfolio including large observational studies and multicenter clinical trials. The incumbent will organize and supervise a team of 2 – 3 Data Managers to support established projects, provide consultation on research design and perform statistical analysis. The candidate will consult on research-statistical methods, sample size and data collection. They will interact with students, residents, fellows and faculty members within the department. It is expected that they perform data analysis, explain the results to the investigators, and participate in writing and editing research reports and grant applications with principal investigators. The candidate will manage multiple projects in parallel and will have excellent writing and editing skills. It is desirable the candidate has familiarity with REDCap and experience working with large datasets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Study Design and Data Core of the Division of Clinical Research
- Supervise Data Managers to support established projects, provide consultation on research design and perform statistical analysis.
- Consult on research-statistical methods, sample size and data collection
- Perform data analysis and participate in writing and editing research reports and grant applications
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting. May submit grant proposals in rare circumstances with the approval of the Division Director, Department Chair and Dean.
- Assist with training and mentoring students, residents, fellows and junior faculty on research projects
- Performed other takes assigned by the Director of Clinical Research
Master’s degree. At least five years related experience with much independence in project management.
- Minimum of a Ph.D. in Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related discipline.
- Experience in clinical research, perinatal epidemiology, and data management and analysis
- Proficiency with at least one statistical analysis language, preferably STATA or SAS
- Knowledge of Redcap and Access
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully
- Strong medical writing skills
- Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet timelines
- Work effectively in a team environment and be flexible to contribute to the needs of the group
- Good judgment, professionalism and independence.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G14.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Applicant Special Instructions:
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter, C.V. and a Statement of Research Experience.