- Provides administrative support for the NCC and the NBSTRN teamSchedules conference calls
- Serves as the primary note taker for project conference calls and meetings
- Tracks ongoing project lists and deadlines
- Conducts various internet research projects
- Maintains database records in iMI
- Runs reports from database, Excel, or other systems
- Complies agenda and supporting materials for project meetings
- Assists with travel
- Maintains updated electronic filing system
- Works with other departments (meetings, graphics, finance) to complete projects
- Staffs the exhibit booth at conferences and meetings as needed
- Serves as back-up for office receptionist as needed
- Maintains and posts related articles on social media accounts (Facebook and twitter)
- Takes on other miscellaneous typing, data entry, organization and assistance with major projects as assigned
- Technical Capacity: high proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; working knowledge of Microsoft Visio a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Project HTML/websites or other Content Management Software a must
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication (oral and written) Proficiency
- B.A. or B.S., required (or equivalent work experience)
- Demonstrated interest in Public Health (either through coursework or related work experience)
- Proficiency in all MS Office products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Potential travel to local DC area day/two day long meetings as well as ACMG Annual Meeting, up to 6 other meetings in support of exhibit booth staffing, and as may be needed.
BENEFITS AND SALARY
The hourly salary for this non-exempt, full-time position shall be commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience. ACMG offers a competitive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter, with salary requirements and three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line, Administrative Assistant. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 30 lbs. May require the ability to travel domestically.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.