The Manager of Parking Services will be responsible for administration and management of Chicago campus parking operations, assisting in the scheduling of internal moves. This position also provides direct support of the following services on the Chicago campus: Defensive Driving education kiosks, and WildCARD.
SUPERVISES: Support staff, and contracted agents of the University
- Develop, implement, and oversee all Chicago parking policies and procedures to ensure excellent customer service while maximizing space utilization and revenue. Develop, implement, and oversee all long- and short-term maintenance for Chicago parking structures and lots. Directs and supervises parking management in regards to service issues for University permit holders, NMH hospital patients and public parkers. Prepares and maintains reports to reflect service and usage in this area
- Provide support of the following services on the Chicago campus: Defensive Driving education kiosks and WildCARD.
- Hire and retain high quality staff. Build motivated and efficient staff teams; direct supervision of staff; plan, assign, review work activities and evaluate work performance. Plans, schedules, supervises and coordinates work of employees in the parking office.
- Assist with development of communication and marketing plans for parking on the Chicago campus. Oversee web site development/updates.
- Represent the Department of Safety & Security, Parking & Transportation Services in various meetings with faculty, staff, students, contractors and other stakeholders. Develop working relations with all University departments and schools to promote safety & security and communications between units. Provides information to vendors and end-users relating to University procedures and policies.
- Oversee the general administrative and production activities of the units indicated above. This includes reviewing and analyzing monthly budget statements, as well as other internal reports developed to keep informed of the overall production and financial picture; and develop and recommend price adjustments when needed via cost accounting. Conducts internal audits and quality assurance programs for various aspects of the operation, such as reviewing billing for parking via student accounts and payroll deductions, reviewing customers parking activity, reviewing delivery activity etc. to ensure all processes are accounted for and accountability for monies billed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Certified Administrative Parking Professional (CAPP) or Certified Parking Professional (CPP) designation a plus. Parking and Transportation experience preferred.
- or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.