This position reports to: Aaron Caughey, M.D., Ph.D., Chair Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is seeking a Head for the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Associate Professor or Professor level.
The Division Head will be responsible for overseeing the clinical, research, teaching and advocacy missions within the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology in furtherance of the Universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
The Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility currently consists of 6 active faculty members, (4 clinical, 1 laboratory director, 1 PhD scientist), providing comprehensive reproductive endocrinology and infertility services, including consultations, office visits, IVF, and surgical procedures. The Division is responsible for clinical teaching related to this subspecialty in the department for students and residents.
As a member of the faculty, the Division Head will provide clinical care to OHSU patients and affiliated hospitals and clinics; establish and maintain a program of scholarly research activity directed toward improved understanding of the causes, detection, and treatment of reproductive endocrinology and infertility conditions and treatments; teach medical students, house staff and the regional medical community; engage in public service through consultative activities with non-university groups as approved by the Department Chair; participate in the administration of the School of Medicine as appointed by the Committee on Committees and approved by the Dean.
- Provide effective leadership to the Division and its faculty in accordance with OHSU and Department policies and procedures.
- As a member of the Department executive faculty leadership team, the Division Head will also provide vision and direction to the Department as a whole.
- Create, in concert with administrative and faculty leadership, long and short range strategic planning for the Division and the Department.
- As the Divisions leader, this faculty member will manage and direct the Divisions operating budget in a manner consistent with Department and University goals.
- The Division Head is expected to participate as assigned in departmental and institutional administrative committees.
- Serve as a mentor and leader in clinical care and research for the Division.
- Responsibility for outpatient and inpatient REI services, to include faculty staffing assignments and the continued development and success of a faculty based Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility practice.
- Maintenance of established Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility research program at Oregon Health and Sciences University.
- Responsibility for the further development with other members of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility components of the preclinical, clinical, postgraduate (CME and Resident) and allied health educational programs.