| Department Name/Job Location:|
This position is in the Department of Emergency Medicine.� The position is located at Barnes Hospital Emergency Room.� This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position works on an as needed/PRN basis.� Position hours are generally rotating.
Mid-Level Practitioner Nurse Practitioner (NP) / Physician Assistant (PA)
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program. Currently licensed as an advanced practice nurse in the state of Missouri by the Missouri Board of Nursing and certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or equivalent body.
- MSN or PhD with emphasis in the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program (FNP or Adult will not qualify)
- APN licensure or ability to successfully obtain licensure within 3 months of date of hire
- Current MO RN licensure
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Currently certified as a Physician's Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Licensed as appropriate in the state of Missouri.
Position performs total nursing care and provides consultation and education to patients/families under the direction of a physician.
1. Provides management services for study; monitors participating subjects, including medication administration and family/patient education.
2. Takes active role in triage, advising patients, assessing needs and referring to appropriate personnel.
3. Monitors medical condition of patients, documenting charts and reporting changes as necessary.
4. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with established clinic/hospital standards.
5. Writes initial nursing histories, assess patients’ conditions and develop individual care plans for patients assigned.
6. Prepares patient for scheduled procedures to assist in patient assessment.
7. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
8. Monitors/ensures accuracy of patient medical records, maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
9. Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.
Current or recent hospital experience within the Emergency Department highly preferred.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.