School/Unit: School of Medicine
Rank: Assistant Professor
Department: Internal Medicine
Purpose of Position:
To contribute to and enhance the educational and clinical activities of the division of Nephrology by providing compassionate, efficient, high quality consultative patient care in outpatient and inpatient settings and support the research goals of the division and department.
1. Teaching: Teach fellows, residents and medical students using adult teaching methods that enhance and encourage active learning and ongoing professional development. Complete student, resident and fellows evaluations. Participate in other Nephrology educational activities including resident didactic series, conferences, morning report, Nephrology and Internal Medicine Grand Rounds, and other educational duties assigned by the department and service.
2. Research: Participate in clinical and administrative research according to skills, interest and funding. Provide mentoring and supervision of fellows and residents in research and QI initiatives. Research opportunities may include performance improvement initiatives or formal extramurally funded investigations and participation may be as principle investigator or co-investigator.
3. Service: Work with institutional and administrative staff to attain the objectives of Virginia Commonwealth University and VCU Health System including patient safety, customer satisfaction, maintenance and enhancement of public perception and fiscal health.
4. Clinical: Provide excellent patient care in transplant and general nephrology and focused areas of interest and experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Actively participate in management of patients on Nephrology consult service. Join colleagues in assuring service coverage 24/7/365.
5. Other (for instance administrative duties, etc.): Comply promptly with billing, documentation, credentialing and other administrative requirements of the department.
Board certification or eligibility in Nephrology. Direct experience in managing complex inpatients and outpatients. Completion of accredited fellowship in general Nephrology. Requires an interest in teaching and growth in an academic setting. Must qualify for an appointment as assistant/associate professor.
Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a diverse team providing effective communication, both verbal and written and an interest in furthering the research, scholarly and academic missions of the division.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.comVirginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.