| EOE Statement:|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Functions as a Medical Assistant to the medical team in the Department of Radiation Oncology. Prepares and maintains exam rooms, prepares charts, obtains reports and records. Directs the patient flow and ensures the overall smooth running of the clinical office.
1. Functions as assistant to the medical team in preparation for office hours prepares charts, obtains X-rays and pathology slides, prepares rooms, and monitors physicians schedule and recommend changes.
2. Directs patient flow, assists with procedures, patient teaching as directed by the medical team, completes requisitions.
3. Routes phone messages, patient questions, and telephone communications with other departments for the medical team.
4. Acts as a general liaison between the medical team and patient. Calls patients with test results, answers questions, schedules appointments and assists the nurse with return calls.
5. Schedules diagnostic procedures, coordinates schedules. Coordinates any other services, completing necessary paperwork.
6. Documents appropriate patient information in Mosaiq, the electronic medical record. Obtains patient information from hospital systems such as Clinical Desktop and Allscripts.
7. Pre-certifies diagnostic procedures, obtains necessary referral forms.
8. Completes disability forms, insurance, and workmen’s compensation forms and record requests.
9. Monitors supply inventory, assures adequate supplies, orders supplies when needed, monitors equipment to assure it is functional and complies with regulations.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.� Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions:
Clinical office setting with some pressure caused by adherence to patient and physician schedules.
High school diploma or GED; a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant with a minimum of 2 years of related work experience (examples of related fields include military medic, emergency medical technicians, Nurse’s Aide, physical therapy and nurse technicians, and certified athletic trainers); substitutions include.
· Medical Assistant certification/registration eligible with successful completion of certification exam within 6 months of hire date or within a shorter time frame if noted by hiring manager
· Graduate of an accredited nursing program (such as RN/LPN), or comparable allied health training program with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Must be able to show proof of Medical Assistant registration/certification or complete Medical Assistant registration/certification within 6 months of hire date or within a shorter time frame if noted by hiring manager; Basic Life Support certification.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program is highly preferred; 2 years or more of Medical Assistant experience; electronic medical record experience.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND EXPERTISE: Interactive communication skills with ability to work with physicians, patients, families, significant others, and support staff; must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and telephone skills, working knowledge of anatomy and physiology, fundamentals of medical terminology, and experience/knowledge working with electronic medical records.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Radiation Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C05.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
The hiring range for this position is $13.62 to $16.68 per hour.