Department: UL - Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
The George Mason University Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) seeks a full-time, experienced Counselor (1.0 FTE, with benefits). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Counseling and Psychological Services promotes campus safety, emotional growth and academic success for a diverse student body. The unit provides culturally sensitive mental health and educational services, prevention programming and community education, and training for emerging psychology professionals.
- Individual and group counseling;
- Case management services;
- Crisis intervention, including after-hours consultation;
- Psychological consultation services to diverse students/faculty/staff/family/others;
- Community education and outreach programming;
- Supervision and training of psychology externs and doctoral interns (American Psychological Association [APA]-accredited internship); and
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Earned master's degree in clinical or counseling psychology or social work;
- Licensed as a Professional Counselor or Clinical Social Worker in Virginia or eligible for licensure in Virginia within one year of appointment; and
- Demonstrated knowledge, ability and experience effectively working with diverse populations.
- At least one year of experience providing mental health services to college students or late adolescents;
- Experience providing clinical consultation to stakeholders; and
- Experience providing clinical supervision.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA10Ez at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter that identifies your interest and qualifications for this position, a resume/CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information. This position will remain open until filled. For questions, candidates may contact Nina Joshi, Office Manager, at 703-993-2380.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.