Student and HR Portal Developer - 70194
If youre interested in a high-energy environment and meaningful work, this job is for you! Our group is a fun, hardworking, result-driven, and supportive team. You wont be bored, you will find your work valued and the work you do, makes a difference.
The Stanford University Campus Solutions and HR Systems team is responsible for the support, maintenance, operations and upgrades of the HR and Student applications. Reporting to the Technical Manager of Campus Solutions and HR Systems group within Administrative Systems (AS), HR and Campus Solution Developer will be applying a strong combination of technical skills. The developer will be responsible for executing all programming tasks, including programming, analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, modifying, and maintaining computer programs.
- Support and development of applications, including (but not limited to) Students, Faculty and Employees Portal
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex system/programs independently.
- Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system tradeoffs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies.
- Adhere to strong software development principles.
- Serve as technical resource for web applications.
- Mentor junior level software developers.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interaction design skills in wireframing and prototyping.
- Experience with Python or ability to learn and support Python applications.
- Experience with, and knowledge of: RESTful and SOAP Web Services, JSON, XML, and XSD highly desirable.
- Experience with Ant, Maven or similar build tools.
- Knowledge and experience with Liferay Portal highly desirable.
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE or a willingness to learn.
- Experience with database retrieval, updates using SQL.
- Strong background in designing and coding Responsive websites (RWD).
- Experience with web accessibility standards or a willingness to learn.
- Thorough understanding of version control, software configuration and release management practices.
- Knowledge and experience with concurrent programming.
- Experience with load, performance, and stress testing of web applications.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Python or ability to learn and support python applications.
- Knowledge of application domain.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
We are not able to provide sponsorship or relocation for this position.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest!
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs: Administrative Systems (IT)
Job Code: 4822