Business Intelligence Analyst, Valuation and Performance - 71376
Description Business Intelligence Analyst, Valuation and Performance
Stanford Management Company (SMC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Business Intelligence Analyst, Valuation and Performance. SMC, a division of Stanford University, was established in 1991, and is responsible for managing the Universitys $24 billion of endowment and trust assets and temporarily invested expendable funds. The majority of the Universitys endowment assets are invested in a diversified portfolio of actively managed financial and real estate assets, deployed through external investment managers.
The Business Intelligence Analyst, Valuation and Performance will be responsible for performing SMCs operational services, ensuring the integrity of financial data, and developing technology based solutions for financial analysis. The Business Intelligence Analyst will maintain investment data and resolve issues in SMCs investment accounting and performance systems, develop complex financial analysis using excel or other third party tools, and assist in the development and/or implementation of best practices and/or technologies to improve business processes. The Business Intelligence Analyst may work individually, or paired with a financial analyst, to design system solutions, develop financial reporting or solve operational challenges.
- Perform core business processes for the investment portfolio related to the following general areas of responsibility: account management; transaction support; investment accounting and pricing; and performance and analytics reporting.
- Provide subject matter expertise for assigned segment of the portfolio. This includes understanding the strategies of underlying assets, the historical composition of the asset class, accounting entries, anticipated cash flows, valuation policies and the reporting provided to support investment decisions and historical analysis.
- Perform financial analysis of investment portfolio involving decision support systems, query and reporting, data profiling (OLAP cubes, slice & dice, drilling), statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining.
- Collaborate with application developers, end users, vendors, and management to ensure the creation and delivery of business intelligence solutions. Identify and document current information flows, data models, reporting systems, user populations, and coordinate with current and future initiatives impacting reporting.
- Use reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and eliminate root cause for a range of complex data problems (e.g.: input errors or inadequate field edits), and recommend possible solutions and communicate their organizational impact.
- Create complex financial models with Excel using VBA, Python or an equivalent programming language to automate processes in Excel.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of industry best practice in business intelligence and data visualization.
Qualifications MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
Bachelors degree and three years of relevant experience, in the application of quantitative methods to finance or investing, or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of financial concepts and investments, with previous experience in the financial services industry or in a finance related field
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and workflow.
- Experience in system implementations including business requirements analysis and documentation, understanding system data models, developing complex workflow and translating this knowledge to tangible artifacts.
- Demonstrated ability to review business processes and translate into BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Experience in data analysis and root cause analysis and developing problem solving and analytical thinking capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability with enterprise application and database driven applications.
- Experience with relational databases and possess the ability to link data between tables, to create efficient SQL queries and design scalable data models.
- Experience with relational and dimensional logical data modeling.
- In-depth knowledge of and ability using MS Office; analytical and business intelligence programs such as OBIEE, business objects, Informatica, Tableau, Matlab, SAS, R, SPSS, SSRS etc.
- Experience using the following systems preferred: Private I, Eagle STAR, Eagle PACE, BNY Mellon Workbench.
- Extensive background and experience with report and analysis design and application of User Interface and User Experience best practices.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Detailed, highly inquisitive and unafraid of asking questions.
- Ability to think critically, cut through complexity, synthesize and articulate complex concepts in a simple, meaningful fashion
Certifications and Licenses:
CFA, CIPM or willingness to work towards one of those designations.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk.
- Rarely writing by hand; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the Universitys Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
*A background check will be required for all final candidates
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Information Analytics
Location: Stanford Management Company
Job Code: 4738