Business Intelligence Engineer - 70271
Reporting to the Tech Manager of the Data Warehouse group within Administrative Systems (AS), part of University IT (UIT), this position requires a good combination of functional and technical knowledge of Data Warehouse development lifecycle. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a track record of capturing and modeling business requirements and translating them to data models and design in a Warehousing environment.
The ideal candidate will participate in the incremental development of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and loading or extracting of data into the Warehouse. The candidate participates throughout the project life cycle, from planning to production implementation, with emphasis on Data analysis, data modeling and follow through to production.
The Enterprise Data Warehouse Group manages the central data warehouse with plans for integrating data from Stanfords main ERP systems - Oracle and People Soft, other central systems and the Legacy data stores. The group manages the complete set of tools, Infrastructure and processes involved in the creation and Operation of the Data Warehouse. The group enables reporting of the data through a Business Objects Portal and BRIO.
- Provide complex analysis, conceptualize, design, implement and develop solutions for critical BI components.
- Perform dataflow, system and data analysis and develop meaningful and useful presentation of data in BI applications.
- Plan and implement standards, define/code conformed global and reusable objects, perform complex database design, data modelling (EDW and programming and streamline the systems.
- Consult with client groups to assess user needs and understand the business processes; convert user requirements into technical solutions.
- Contribute to data analysis, design and development of new and ongoing business intelligence (BI) projects involving complex EDW structures OR on OLTP systems.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external teams to understand and apply changes/modifications impacting data warehouse.
- Conduct and participate in code walkthroughs and document technical design. Assist in quality control testing. Meticulously follow software methodologies defined.
- Monitor ETL processes, system audits, dashboard reporting and presentation layer functioning and performance. Pro-actively resolve issues as found. Support the performance of systems.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Follow the release cycles and implement on-time delivery of bug fixes, change requests and enhancements. Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors degree and seven years of relevant experience in computer science, or engineering or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert in Data Modeling and designing data warehouse from heterogeneous OLTP sources.
- Able to design complex ETLs extracting data through XML files, RDBMS and Flat file sources.
- Strong programming skills, relational database skills with expertise in Advanced Sql and PL/Sql.
- Mastery in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies.
- High expertise on Databases, data acquisition, ETL strategies and tools and technologies using Informatica.
- Extensive experience in data analysis and root cause analysis and proven problem solving and analytical thinking capabilities.
- Understanding of software engineering principles and skills working on Unix/Linux/Windows Operating systems, Version Control and Office software.
- Knowledge in Reporting/Analytics and data visualization tools like OBIEE.
- Ability to design Physical and Reporting Data models for seamless cross-functional and cross-systems data reporting.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Broad understanding of multiple existing and next generation Business intelligence tools and technologies.
- Ability to mentor lower level developers on definitive tasks.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Rarely writing by hand; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the Universitys Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
We are not able to provide sponsorship or relocation for this position.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest!
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs: Administrative Systems (IT)
Job Code: 4777