BI Programmer Analyst - 71122
The BI Programmer Analyst position is part of Data Management and Reporting (DM&R) in Administrative Systems. DM&R provides centralized services in Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Business Intelligence (BI) with operational and strategic reporting for the University.
- Consult with client groups to assess user needs and requirements.
- Perform data analysis, design and development of new and ongoing business intelligence (BI) Dashboard reporting, self-service reporting using complex EDW OR OLTP structures.
- Develop and produce dashboards, key performance indicators, and other recognized metrics used to monitor and report organizational performance.
- Provide technical design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, system and technical support for BI initiatives.
- Conduct and participate in code walkthroughs and document technical design. Assist in Quality Control testing. Troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Follow the release cycles and implement on-time delivery of Projects and enhancements.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Support Source upgrades, Hardware/Software upgrade projects with impact analysis, fixes and end-to-end testing. Provide operational support on failures and outages.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree and five years of relevant experience in computer science, or engineering or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of software engineering principles and skills working on Unix/Linux/Windows Operating systems, Version Control and Office software.
- Strong programming skills, relational database skills with expertise in Advanced SQL and any one programming language.
- Expertise and experience in BI Reporting tools - OBIEE, OBIA and Tableau
- Understanding in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems with right solutions.
- Analytical capabilities to slice and dice data and display data in reports for best user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to review business processes and translate into BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Ability to follow Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process and should be able to work under any project management methodologies used.
- Ability to follow best practices and standards.
- Ability to identify BI application performance bottlenecks and tune.
- Quick learner of any new technologies OR business processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk.
- Rarely writing by hand; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the Universitys Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest!
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs: Administrative Systems (IT)
Job Code: 4776