| The University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Social Work is currently seeking a Faculty Clinical Instructor for the role of Program Director for Community Schools'. The Program Director for Community Schools will work under the supervision of the Social Work Community Outreach Service (SWCOS) and is responsible for conceptualizing, developing, implementing, overseeing and evaluating the SWCOS' community school strategy. The selected candidate will report to the Director of the Positive Schools Center (PSC), and will ensure that the community school strategy aligns with the PSC school climate framework being developed and implemented across the state of Maryland.|
The Positive Schools Center will promote the development of positive supportive and mindful learning communities where students and school staff connect, develop and grow. The Positive Schools Center aims to partner with school districts to identify and collaborate around issues related to school climate and punitive discipline, especially when those issues result in high rates of suspensions and expulsions. The Positive Schools Center's school climate framework will be incorporated into the SWCOS operated Community Schools as well as throughout schools across the state of Maryland. Positive, Supportive and Mindful learning communities will be places where Students & School Staff can:
- Connect with each other (staff with staff, students with students, staff with students, and staff with families) in a safe and positive environment in a mindful manner;
- Positively Develop as students and staff (academically/professionally, socially, and emotionally); and
- Grow as student scholars and educational leaders.
The UM SSW is committed to a racially and culturally diverse faculty and student body. The School provides an intellectually exciting, collegial, and supportive faculty environment that fosters interdisciplinary research and interprofessional teaching. For best consideration, applications should be submitted by March 25, 2016; the search will remain open until filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications. Positions are anticipated to start July 1, 2016. Candidates should submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org: (1) Cover letter (2) Resume (3) Names, current affiliation, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
- Ensures that each site based community school coordinator prepares, coordinates, and maintains program content and delivery methods for the daily operations and events within community schools for which SWCOS is the lead operator.
- Develops and matures SWCOS community school model, using current thinking and best practices in the field. Regularly reviews and updates model using information gleaned from most recent literature, conferences and case studies.
- Plans integration of separate community schools into a comprehensive SWCOS Community Services framework; sharing resources and best practices across schools.
- Oversees the planning process for schools interested in becoming SWCOS community schools, ensuring a comprehensive and effective action plan is developed that includes school administration, faculty, staff, community members, and students. Ensures thorough implementation of the plan developed.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships related to the community schools strategy, including sustaining community partnerships and representing SWCOS at community planning groups, partnerships, and funding source meetings. Organizes and/or participates in various committees and teams to consult with program heads and administrative officials on policy and program needs as well as administrative issues.
- Works in partnership with consultants and trainers to advance the goals of the Positive Schools Center.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates clinical field instructors and Community School Coordinators.
- Provides support to Community School Coordinators in their daily work, including developing and reviewing work plans; collaborating with school faculty, staff and administration; and meeting, documenting and reporting required outcomes.
- Coordinates and assists staff in training, instructing and supporting University of Maryland graduate students, volunteers, including parents and other community members.
- Coordinates the use of databases used to analyze criteria and deliver data, as well as to monitor, evaluate, and revise program operating policies and procedures.
- Liaise with research faculty to plan and implement research studies.
- Coordinates the regular publication of summary reports and serves as an information resource to coworkers, the University, and external figures.
- Provides ongoing program monitoring and program improvement activities; develops policies, protocols, or procedures. Evaluates and revises program operating policies and procedures as needed.
- Develops funding sources for the program, through grant seeking, major fundraising events, donations, and/or writing proposals. Writes reports to funders on program activities.
- Develops, monitors and reports on budgets for multiple funding sources.
- Serve as a member of Positive Schools Center Leadership Team. Problem-solve around organizational issues and provide support, as needed, to ensure the organization runs smoothly and, as needed, participates in the SWCOS Leadership team.