Requisition ID: P01421496
Department: USC Cancer Center
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Health Sciences Campus
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
- Serves as project lead or technical specialist for software applications.
- Establishes project plans and schedules, identifies staffing and resource requirements, and monitors progress providing status reports as required
- Serves as primary liaison to functional users of supported systems. Communicates with users to extract and define needs.
- Develops system definition, architecture and detailed needs analysis including hardware and software recommendations.
- Converts, or oversees conversion of, user needs into system design specifications (e.g., screens, input methodology, data base structure).
- Oversees the design, coding, testing, debugging, installation, documentation and maintenance activities of project staff.
- Designs complex applications using coding languages. Establishes and implements user training programs. Serves as mentor to junior level staff.
- Follows protocols and procedures to ensure application security.
- Stays informed of changes in technology by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings and seminars.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s degree Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio MVC and Microsoft SQL Server required
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Relevant work experience providing strong technical knowledge of programming and analysis, and senior or lead experience.