The Enrollment Assistant’s primary role is to support the enrollment operations team in the decision and application management process.
- Support seamless and flawless processing of applications for all undergraduate and graduate programs at Northwestern SPS.
- Ensure that all applicants adhere to appropriate University policies for application and admission.
- Maintain and be the expert in technology associated with the application and admission process (including Radius, Apply Yourself and CAESAR) and provide recruiters with the appropriate information to support applicants and newly admitted students.
- Responsible for reporting ongoing metrics and providing data in a clear and concise way for analysis by the Operations Manager and Director of Enrollment Management.
Enrollment Management Operations
- Under the direction of the Enrollment Management Operations Manager, and in coordination with the Enrollment Management team, support goals for all programs requiring application.
- Disseminate admission requirements and application information to prospective students, in collaboration with and through the enrollment adviser team.
- Contribute to the weekly, monthly and quarterly applicant and enrollment goals through strategic collaboration with the enrollment advisers to help advance relationships by providing knowledge and information in a timely and proactive fashion.
- Implement program-specific application processes and procedures for domestic and international applications with enrollment management colleagues. Maintain knowledge of peer institution policies to inform SPS policies.
- Maintain strong relationships with the NU Office of Undergraduate Admission, The Graduate School, International Office, Student Accounts Office (Chicago Campus), Financial Aid Office (Chicago Campus) toward facilitating future SPS outreach in the global higher education market.
- Collaborate with SPS Registrar and Enrollment Adviser team to lead efforts to achieve a seamless transition for matriculated students, including accurate and timely student record creation and handoff to student services.
- Collaborate with entire enrollment management team, SPS registrar, student services, and academic teams to set performance standards and expectations that yield excellence in student and enrollment services.
- Perform strategic planning with colleagues in support of enrollment management outcomes.
Data Management & Analysis
- On a regular and ad-hoc basis, gather, analyze and accurately report lead, recruitment, applicant and admissions and intent-to-enroll data.
Policy & Compliance Operations
- Manage the implementation, monitoring and development of procedures in compliance with the University (including partners, e.g. Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, School of Communication, Medill) and SPS policies and regulations.
Information Technology Operations
- Manage the development and implementation of advanced technological applications and web-based interfaces for improved services, including, but not limited to, student information systems and workflow management for document imaging, new student admission, enrollment, matriculation, articulation and transfer credit evaluation.
- Through research, analysis and resolution, manage student disputes that relate to admission and matriculation.
- Provide information to enrollment advisers to assist in denial counsel and, if appropriate, next steps for strengthening academic record or better programmatic fits.
Professional Awareness & Engagement
- Represent SPS and enrollment management at select state, regional and national meetings, conferences and programs as budget allows.
- Provide model leadership, participation, guidance and information when serving on university-wide and School academic and operational committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a university admission, recruiting, human resources, registrar and/or marketing office.
- Detail oriented, excellent organization skills.
- Information technology aptitude, a demonstrated ability to learn and leverage software systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Previous experience working in continuing education, for-profit education, admissions, or distance education.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues, faculty and students.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, participation may be expected at evening and weekend information sessions and other events.
- Willingness to align with the mission of SPS as a partner of adult learners who seek a superior educational experience at Northwestern University.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for large group presentations, one-on-one phone interaction, in-person and electronic communication.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task, coordinate tasks and responsibilities with colleagues effective, recognize, set and respond to priorities appropriately and independently.
- Ability to research and consolidate information into executive reports.
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain strong professional relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, exercise good judgement with attention to details.
- Ability to document and organize workflows and business processes.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and collegially with others.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team, quickly identifying and resolving conflict ina professional manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and demonstrate eagerness to learn new things while maintaining a positive and flexible demeanor.
- Ability to maintain a strong work ethic in a performance-driven and results-oriented environment.
- Open to coaching and constructive feedback toward enhancing job and team performance.
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency utilizing MS Office and student information systems and web-based communication.
- Degree in education or student counseling; or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Three (3) or more years combined worked experience in university admissions and marketing.
- Knowledge of enrollment planning strategies, recruitment/admission policies and procedures, budget processes.
- Experience leading and managing a selective application review process.
- Experience working with university financial aid staff to identify financial aid options for prospective students.
- Experience with admission for post-baccalaureate professional development programs; particularly professional health.
- Experience with part-time professional master’s programs; particularly programs offered online or in a blended online and on-ground setting.
- Demonstrated credibility in terms of possessing theoretical insight, practical knowledge and demonstrated skills grounded by and emerging through trustworthy communications and actions.
- Demonstrated commitment in terms of maintain focus, and persisting toward an articulated vision with tenacity and authenticity that is aligned with the SPS mission and values.
- Demonstrated collegiality in terms of demonstrating respect for other’s abilities and commitment toward the achievement of a common purpose and public good.
- Demonstrated understanding of enrollment management practices toward successful recruitment, admission and enrollment of adult students.
- Familiarity with growth industries, including, but not limited to: STEM, management and business, analytics and tech.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: 8/12/2016