Department: College of Education and Human Development (CEHD)
Clinical Practice Specialist
The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) seeks a highly proactive and efficient Clinical Practice Specialist to support the Educator Preparation Office's efforts to place students in field experience and internship placements, in coordination and collaboration with local public school divisions. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for students, school district personnel, university internship supervisors, and faculty to achieve placement objectives and ensure compliance with state licensure regulations;
- Recruiting, hiring and assisting university supervisors;
- Coordinating and delivering employment orientations to interns and university supervisors;
- Monitoring and responding to all incoming phone, in-person, and e-mail communications;
- Surveying local schools for possible placement sites and coordinating placement at those sites;
- Managing contracts for stipend payment of university supervisors;
- Developing and maintaining spreadsheets and databases to track students in field experience, internship placements, as well as university supervisor assignments;
- Maintaining intern and supervisor documentation, and final evaluations; and generating associated reports; and
- Developing and distributing school-related marketing and communication information to schools and school divisions.
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Direct experience working in PK-12 settings;
- Ability to work effectively with students, school district personnel, university supervisors and program faculty;
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, including demonstrated attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize work, maintain confidentiality, and handle multiple competing priorities;
- Ability to monitor complex processes, apply policy with guidance, and work independently as well as in a team; and
- Expertise in maintaining data spreadsheets and other evaluative documentation, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of school division operations and human resource policies;
- Understanding of CEHD licensure programs and priorities;
- Familiarity with Virginia Department of Education regulations regarding teacher preparation programs and licensure; and
- Experience using university information support systems (e.g., Tk20 assessment software and the Ellucian Banner application).
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02149z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.