NBBB has been building boats on beautiful Whidbey Island since 1964. We are located in Freeland, WA where we produce state-of-the-art vessels; tugs, ferries, fire boats, fishing vessels, barges, dinner boats, along with many other sophisticated ships. We are a team that specializes in versatility to build an astonishing variety of vessels. We lead in adopting innovative marine technology to serve our customers' needs. We are seeking a team member who can lead the overall coordination and execution of various new build projects and be the face of the company to the customer and the company’s representative to all, vendors, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the team of a well-established “Builder of Premium Water Craft”. As the Engineering Assistant reporting directly to the company’s Engineering Manager, you will create, manage, and maintain complete and current document files for our numerous projects. This will include logging engineering data and editing documents using software such as, but not limited to Microsoft office products.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Engineering Assistant / Document Control Duties
- Complete document management and control responsibilities including, initial receipt of project drawings and plans from Engineering or Design firm suppliers, receiving revisions to initial drawings and subsequent revision, archiving old documents, logging in applicable changes, and distributing / assuring awareness and use of most current plans and drawings.
- Establish and maintain document and records management databases and indexes to track and retrieve records.
- Set-up and adhere to project contractual requirements with regard to document control and records management.
- Maintain library of ‘Master’ and ‘Superseded’ documentation.
- Manage distribution of all technical data, and maintain flow of project files, submittals and receivables.
- Process and maintain Requests for Information (RFIs) and timely follow-up.
- Manage receipt, distribution and filing of, critical project information to include regulatory (ABS/Coast Guard) correspondence, submittals and approvals.
- Receive, copy, and distribute signed, approved, and current engineering drawings to appropriate stakeholders throughout the shipyard; including physically delivering to each production shop new drawings and pulling old revisions and pulling or stamping as “out-of-date” any superseded or obsolete drawings.
- Control documents within Archives on and off site, prepare job files at the end of contracts and ensure proper storage; handle request from owners for archived information.
- Maintain and update drawing list as drawings are issued, issuing them to appropriate parties as requested.
- Save vendor drawings and add to drawing list, including informing shops and distributing information.
- Maintain project folders on network drives and create new files as requested.
- Plot drawings, turn into PDF files, modify drawings, perform minor redline updates as requested
- Check newly-issued drawings for errors to drawing number, title, revision letter, and correct as required.
- Receive, log and distribute equipment manuals as required.
- Maintain accurate records of documentation process flows within Engineering department and to internal clients and stakeholders, proactively researching and acquiring data to support the assigned projects.
- Collect information from specifications and label call outs on drawings, create label list for review, order label material, create labels, distribute to shops as requested.
- Maintain close relationships with the Production, PM, and Engineering staff to facilitate efficient and quality execution of project.
- Support Contract and Document Control Compliance initiatives defined by client to ensure that file systems information is up to date and organized
Administrative Assistant Duties
- Process engineering staff mail as requested.
- Inventory office supplies, create order request for office supplies, office equipment, tonner and paper.
- Oversee maintenance of office copier, assist with resolving minor technical problems such as paper jams and network connection issues.
- Perform light cleaning as required in neglected areas.
- Serve as principal relief for operations timekeeping role.
- Serve as principal administrator of vacation and sick leave requests and enter into time keeping system
- Manage and Administer purchasing for all debit card transactions for the company, keeping strong records and purchase order files and close collaboration with materials and the warehouse.
- Manage travel arrangements for NBBB travelers and recruitment candidates.
- Executive assistant duties that include assisting with expense account administration for CEO.
- Order T-shirts and other promotional items providing input on design of t-shirt, jackets, and stickers.
- Order new computers and related office supplies for new hires and order upgrades and additional computers and related equipment for current employees.
- Monitor and maintain break room and manage as an available meeting room, educational venue, including safe storage and accessibility of presentation equipment and related furnishings.
- Work independently or as part of a team.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.