About the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University:
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University develops brave leaders who inspire growth in people, organizations and markets. Based just outside of Chicago, the school is a global leader in management education, renowned for its distinctive thought leadership and pioneering approach to learning. Kellogg offers an innovative portfolio of programs: four Full-Time MBA programs including the accelerated One-Year MBA and Two-Year MBA options, and joint degree programs with the engineering and law schools; a Part-Time MBA Program; the premier Executive MBA global network; and extensive non-degree Executive Education programs.
The Associate Director of Corporate Partnerships will focus on a set of industries, developing strategies to maximize relationships with top corporate partners to support the Kellogg School’s mission. S/he will be responsible for furthering relationships through advancing academic research and teaching, soliciting for philanthropic support, promoting executive education and degree programs.
Please note: Flexible schedule to attend (as needed) Saturday Student Conferences; occasional weekend work during peak times; open to travel.
- Serve as an industry expert and facilitate strategic connections – identify and qualify top corporate partners within industry set; understand the financial, technical and political acumen of set industries; access and analyze data from public and internal sources; identify new leads.
- Identify key stakeholders and influencers within companies and develop relationships with them to advance the partnership; identify one(s) to serve as ambassador(s) for Kellogg.
- Develop relationships with faculty and centers - work with faculty to translate their research for the corporate environment, identify opportunities for organizations to engage with faculty, connect academic experts with industry experts.
- Identify [industry and company specific] philanthropic priorities, cultivate and solicit gifts in the $10,000-$250,000 range.
- Work in partnership with student leaders to solicit corporate sponsorship for student activities. Coach students on solicitation strategies. Ensure companies have an optimal experience with these activities.
- Coach companies on the best way to navigate the institution and partner with different units of Kellogg (research centers, admissions, executive education, career management, advancement).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 7-10 years of business or related experience in client service with sophisticated, demanding clients.
- Experience data mining from public sources.
- Maturity, professionalism and ability to develop a strong brand for Kellogg and self with the school (administration, faculty, students) and externally (senior level executives, alumni, donors and other corporate representatives).
- Self starter, initiative and ability to influence decision makers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience presenting in groups up to 100.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and various databases.
- Graduate degree.
- Experience in both the corporate sector and higher education.
- Development experience.
- Experience translating technical / academic language into corporate environment.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and other CRM systems.
- Experience selling services within a company.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.