Position: Temporary Full-time Research Assistant
Hours: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week/ 8:00am-5:00pm / M-F)
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Approximate start date: ASAP
Approximate end date: TBD
Northwestern University is seeking a temporary Full-time Program Assistant for the Chicago campus.
Temporary Job Description:
The temporary Research Assistant position performs biomedical and/or social-behavioral research by administering tests and/or questionnaires following protocols; collecting, compiling, tabulating and/or processing responses; gathering information; and/or assisting in the preparation of material for inclusion in reports. Completes all activities by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and all relevant current local, state, and federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy and procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
1. Recruits study participants.
2. Reviews and obtains informed consent.
3. Schedules study visits with participants.
4. Conducts interviews.
5. Scores test results.
6. Collects survey data.
7. Reviews medical records.
8. Consults with nurses and physicians to determine pretreatment and eligibility requirements of protocol from completion to registration of participants.
9. Facilitates communication with key personnel and participants to maintain project study flow.
10. Enters data, identifies and corrects any missing data
11. Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting and entering data; and/or preparing basic charts and graphs.
12. Assists with preparation of grant applications and manuscript submission
13. Creates reference lists for manuscripts and grants
14. Processes payments for research subjects
15. Tracks study expenses
16. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
2. Must complete NU's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
MS Office suite 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Reference Management Software (EndNote preferred)
Experience with database software (REDCap) preferred
Experience with SPSS or SAS preferred
Experience with IRB submissions preferred
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a temporary opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal development.
Date Posted: 4/13/2016
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.