Advertised Summary Job Description: The Pediatric Urology Unit at Children's Hospital of New York is looking for a nurse coordinator. This position provides a broad range of primary and specialty care services to pediatric urology patients. This role includes direct patient care, education, interdisciplinary collaboration, research utilization, consultation and management of care plan.
1. Traige patients with 3 physicians and other health care professionals in an outpatient setting and via telephone to provide quality care and to improve patient outcomes by strengthening continuity of care.
2. Develop, review, and appropriately update policies, protocols, standards of practice, standard operating procedures and scope of practice regarding Pediatric Urology.
3. Review laboratory results and other clinical information pertinent to patient health, order appropriate tests and other ancillary services as needed, and develop nursing care plans for patients.
4. Provide teaching to patients and their families regarding disease processes, diagnostic testing, self catheterization and post-operative care.
5. Administer medications, injections, installations and IV infusions under the supervision of physicians.
6. Assist physicians with ambulatory procedures and treatments.
7. Complete patient history and disability forms, and phone-in prescriptions as needed.
8. Responsible for procurement and storage of clinical supplies and medications.
9. Supports physicians with clinical trials and other research activity.
10. Functions within the standards of practice established by Division of Nursing and American Nurses Association Standards of Clinical Practice. Acts within the policies and procedures of the University, hospital, division, and clinical department.
11. Works on special projects and perform other related duties assigned or requested by Division Director
General Minimum Qualifications: Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus three years of related experience.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: NY RN LICENSE REQUIRED. 3 years experience in a clinical setting required. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It... seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.