| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Critical Care. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position oversees and coordinates complex or multi-site clinical research studies for the Pediatric Critical Care Translational Research Program. Trials will be focused on transfusion related outcomes in critically ill patients. Responsibilities will also include preparation and submission of regulatory documents; participation on a 24/7 on-call team of coordinators; may supervise clinical research staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confers with PI to assist in developing plans for research projects and discuss the interpretation of results; collaborates in the preparation of manuscripts for publications and preparation of grant proposals to sponsoring agencies; assists in the preparation of amendments to protocols and/or modifications to study design as appropriate
- Coordinates the development of forms, questionnaires, and the application of research techniques; assists in writing instructional procedure manuals for study progress, data collection and coding; reviews journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies to aid in the planning of new studies
- Implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; identifies problems and/or inconsistencies and monitors participant’s progress to include documentation and reporting of adverse events; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency
- Evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of clinical research experience with some level of lead or supervisory experience required; Master’s degree or a combination of work and education equaling 7 years may substitute for this requirement.
Five years of clinical research experience in pediatrics and/or a critical care setting preferred. Experienced in phlebotomy. Previous experience managing industry sponsored clinical trials; managing an IND/ IDE trial; knowledgeable in the review of federal regulations; previous oversight of multi-center projects also desired.
Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of IND/IDE regulations, IRB Human Subjects requirements for regulatory submissions, database management, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software,
The hiring range for this position is $53,206 - $67,849 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C12.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.