The Program Coordinator provides management and support for masters level students within the MS SLL program by supporting the students in their clinical experiences including:
- Clinical education within NUCASLL.
- Clinical education via externship placements in schools and medical sites.
Students in the MS SLL program are required to compete clinical experiences to gain 375 clinical experience clock hours prior to graduation. This position will assist students and faculty in supporting the clinical hour requirements for MS SLL students both in house at NUCASLL and by developing and maintaining relationships with offsite clinical sites (schools and medical sites).
Area of responsibility:
- Budget & Financial
- Facilities & Safety
- Faculty Support
- Human Resources
- IT Services
- Program Development
- Regulatory Compliance
- Strategic Planning
- Student Support
- Manages day to day clinic operations.
- Ensures that program/project mission, values, guidelines, policies & procedures are implemented & maintained.
- Manages design and development of program databases; compiles & analyzes data; prepares reports.
- Reviews processes and recommends changes to incorporate state-of-the-art technology as appropriate into administrative, recruitment, marketing, and educational components.
- Identifies service improvement opportunities that will better enable program/project to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Acts as liaison to IT to ensure technology systems are properly installed & maintained.
Budgets & Financial
- Participates in budget preparation.
- Maintains budget & associated analysis & reports.
- Enters individual &/or summary of transactions into journals &/or general ledger or other NU enterprise system.
- Reviews; ensures approval based on alternatives regarding practice & policy; analyzes and classifies transactions in accordance with established chart or coding of accounts; creates new accounts; prepares, processes, reconciles & provides receipts (as appropriate) for transactions.
- Processes transfer &/or appropriation charges & may balance &/or close accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems; performs vendor/account research as needed; obtains additional information or provides instruction & guidance by phone, US- or e- mail from customers/vendors; corrects or escalates.
- Communication, Outreach & Recruitment
- Develops coordinated, consistent marketing and brand messages.
- Creates state-of-the-art website.
- Incorporates social media and networking into program/project aspects as appropriate.
- Strengthens partnerships with external resources by defining, promoting and marketing benefits of participation and involvement to the organization.
- Creates and nurtures relationships with organizations to develop a network of enthusiastic organizations engaged via active participation in the success of program/project.
- Reviews market trends to recommend future plans to increase revenue, participation, engagement, etc.
- Observes program sessions and interacts with participants for purpose of gaining consumer insight, growing and strengthening program knowledge, and optimizing client satisfaction.
- Coordinates the collection, analysis & reporting of required information for surveys, review documents, public information documents, etc.
- Analyzes evaluation data from instructors, students, participants, etc. to assist in program/project development and updates.
- Implements corrective actions required as a result of surveys or other indicators.
- Coordinates programming, educational, student, alumni, workshops, meetings, etc. including speakers, agendas, etc.
- Develops plans and arranges meetings, workshops, events, etc. designed to exchange information, promote research objectives, and to build internal and external relationships within NU.
- Ensures that event details including communication, venues, presenters, travel arrangements, materials, refreshments and technology are arranged and completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Coordinates faculty recruitment, appointment & credentialing processes including placing ads, candidate communication & visit.
- Provides support for preparation of Promotion & Tenure cases.
- Support clinical faculty at NUCASLL
- Initiates FASIS appointment paperwork.
- Arranges colloquium & seminar coordination, & faculty travel planning.
- Supports faculty in development and approval of new courses, faculty payments, classroom coordination, evaluations, and grading.
Grants & Contracts
- Partners with NU development office and grant manager to identify and seek program funding.
- Works closely with faculty to encourage and help undergraduate students arrange research.
- Prepares proposals; provides administrative guidance for contract preparations for medical externship sites and school sites
- Identifies grant funding.
- Ensures human resources programs, policies, & procedures are implemented & consistently applied.
- Coordinates all or portions of the talent management lifecycle (sourcing, selecting, developing, coaching, rewarding, recognizing, managing information & optimizing talent.)
- In consultation with management & Central HR, administers HR solutions.
- Maintains excellent working relationship with Office of Human Resources.
- Manages program/project curriculum, seminars, presentations, workshops, learning experiences, chat rooms, websites, social networking, etc. based on goals/objectives.
- Manages academic quality and continued growth and expansion.
- Identifies & obtains external expertise as needed and works with content experts for current and new programs.
- Reviews programs/projects to increase efficiencies to support growth.
- Manages speaker selection, communication, and topic development.
- Leads program/project updates and improvements.
- Ensures compliance with all necessary organizations.
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Interfaces with accreditation bodies.
- Acts as the regulatory and compliance officer.
- Administers & maintains existing strategic plans.
- Participates with area/unit senior staff in the conceptualization, development and presentation of materials used in functional operations.
- Completes program/project logistical details such as scheduling, curriculum, facilities, technology, registration, enrollment, audits, etc.
- Advises students regarding admissions, academic, career and development matters.
- Reads & evaluates admissions files and participates in candidate selection.
- Interviews and screens applicants.
- Implements strategy regarding structure, process, & staff support of students in compliance with NU policy.
- Resolves administrative issues (RAS forms, stipends, monitors fellowships, etc.)
- Organizes new student activities.
- Tracks data entry of grades into CAESAR, assuring faculty completes process by deadline.
- Supervises 1-2 staff &/or provides work direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 1 year program/project administration or other relevant experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; well-organized; excellent attention to detail; ability to multi-task.
- Anticipates demands/ pressures of assignments and adjusts accordingly.
- Self-directed, flexible, and adaptable.
- Displays consistency and success in adhering to deadlines.
- Exhibits energy and desire to achieve; sets ambitious goals and acts decisively; takes action that no one has requested to improve or enhance job results and avoid problems.
- Facilitates open and effective communication, cooperation, and teamwork within and outside of the clinic; respects the needs and contributions of others.
- Regularly monitors internal and external customer satisfaction; provides suggestions to improve quality and value to the customer.
- High degree of judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Positive attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher, email, and database software programs.
- Advance knowledge of financial systems and insurance billing and reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Efficiently and effectively performs duties and responsibilities; displays attention to detail; strong customer-service skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience form which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Five or more years related experience.
- Experience in marketing, business development, and clinical administration in a medical setting, clinic, or higher education.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.