| As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center (HMC) is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally-and medically- vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW's School of Medicine. The UW is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. |
HMC has an outstanding opportunity available for a TEMPORARY/HOURLY PHYSICAL THERAPIST in our Rehabilitation Therapies and Clinics to care for patients on both the Inpatient rehabilitation unit and the Acute Care floors. This individual will assess, plan, administer, evaluate and provide safe physical therapy care. This will include progression of treatment goals and patient and family education. The PT2 will assess and treat a patient caseload ranging from routine to complex patient problems and situations. Collaborate with other disciplines as appropriate to coordinate continuity of patient care from admission to discharge. Implement treatment programs, which include the use of physical agents, manual therapy, therapeutic exercise and functional training. Instruct, assign work and evaluate students as assigned by supervisor.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the disease process, precautions, typical medical treatment and diagnostic procedures, functional, abilities, complications and implications of long term deficits related to primary diagnoses treated in service area.
- Provides skilled, timely and effective patient care.
- Follows protocols, standards and guidelines of care relating to specific diagnosis on assigned service.
- Plans treatment programs with the patient and treatment team.
- Documents intervention and strategies for treatment in required organizational systems. Documentation is to include assessment, measurable criteria, goals method of treatment, home programs and adapting plan according to patients response to intervention.
- Participates in team rounds and other educational information to patient and support systems prior to termination of therapy intervention.
- Provide home programs and other educational information to patient and support systems prior to termination of therapy intervention.
- Knowledge of other treatment team members roles with intervention and effective methods to collaborate in patients treatment.
- Coordinate patient care programs with treatment team to facilitate and enhance functional outcomes.
- Follows billing and reimbursement procedures.
- Complies with agency and division standards, protocols and procedures.
- Participates in discipline and workgroup meetings.
- Participates in Quality Assurance as it relates to patient care.
- Articulates and integrates safety policies and procedures into daily practice.
- Supervises students as assigned by supervisor.