Posting Summary: The Office of Sponsored Programs is recruiting for a Senior Contract Negotiator to provide advanced contracting services. They analyze, review, negotiate and approve agreements on behalf of the institution. They may function in a school, department, division, institute or center. They supervise and oversee the receipt and issuance of subcontracts and monitoring. Senior Contract Negotiators provide assistance and expert advice across Grounds. Senior Contract Negotiator should have considerable experience contracting with industry for support of sponsored programs to successfully negotiate contracts that will be beneficial to the University and its academic programs. May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
Required Minimum Level of Education: *Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
Preferred Minimum Level of Education: *Degree Preferred
Preferred Specific Degree/Training: J.D. or Master's Degree preferred
Required Minimum Level of Experience: Some - up to 4 years
Required Specific Experience: Significant prior experience in contract review and Federal Acquisitions Regulations preferred.
Preferred Minimum Level of Experience: Some - up to 4 years
Preferred Specific Experience: Significant prior experience in contract review and negotiation preferred; prior experience with Federal Acquisitions Regulations preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: * As needed to perform job duties, move data from PC to server and back to PC.
* Be able to interpret and construct contractual language.
* Have a grasp of federal contracting regulations.
* Extensive knowledge of industry contracting. Prior experience in sponsored programs, contracts administration, and higher education. Ability to communicate and interact with faculty, staff and sponsors
Required Computer Applications: As needed to perform job duties, move data from PC to server and back to PC.
* Be Proficient in the use of MS Office: Word, Excel, Access(to the extent of your assigned job duties); Oracle (to the extent of your assigned Oracle responsibilities) Discoverer, VPN, Email (including attachments), Corporate Time, Internet Browser-Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, Brio Query, Adobe Acrobat, Information Warehouse, fax machine, copier, printers, scanner, telephone (fac cd, transfers etc.).
* As needed to perform job duties, move data from PC to server and back to PC.
Founded by Thomas Jefferson, the University of Virginia opened in 1825 as the nation's first public university. A longstanding dedication to preeminence in both scholarship and teaching; top ranking in global satisfaction, collegiality and work/family issues on the COACHE survey of early career faculty; a commitment to excellence that is integrally connected with diversity and a broad array of ben...efits make the University of Virginia a prime choice for both faculty and staff. The University of Virginia is located in the small cosmopolitan city of Charlottesville near the Blue Ridge Mountains, 70 miles from Richmond and 110 miles from Washington, D.C. The University of Virginia remains the No. 2 best public university in the 2013 edition of the U.S. News and World Report rankings. In the 14 years since U.S. News began ranking public universities as a separate category, U.Va. has ranked either No. 1 or No. 2. U.Va. continues to rank in the Top 25 among the best of all national universities, public and private.