Internship Description: IAEE is looking for an intern to work August 2016 through December 2017 on a part-time basis (15-30 hours a week). Candidates should demonstrate knowledge in marketing/ communications, social media and event management with an interest in pursuing a career in exhibitions management. Critical thinking skills are imperative to the success of this position.
The successful candidate must have strong organizational skills to plan workflow, handle overlapping activities and meet established deadlines. The ability to synthesize and disseminate information in a timely fashion is crucial. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. A strong work ethic and cheerful attitude are key. The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and computer literacy (online research, familiarity with Word, Excel, etc.) is expected. The successful candidate will also have an eye for detail and the ability to follow established processes.
- Acquire hands-on experience in various aspects of events management and planning of both small and large-scale events (ranging in attendees from 200 to 2,000 people)
- Learn how to run a profitable large scale event and the importance of exhibitors and sponsors
- Gain experience in all stages of event management, including but not limited to: marketing, sponsorships, exhibitor relations, contracts, education, registration, etc.
- Hone business and communication skills in a wide variety of contexts including exhibitions, sponsorships, marketing, public relations and business development
- Learn the basics of conference and exhibition management
- Assist departments with aspects of sponsorship fulfillment for the CEIR Predict Conference, 14-15 September 2016. And, with aspects of sponsorship fulfillment, planning and implementation of Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting and Exhibition, 6-8 December 2016, Anaheim, California. (Primary role)
- Learn about various duties and skill sets in marketing and sales as one aspect of overall event management
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience in the field of sponsorships, education and event planning
- Participate in meetings related to events.
- Become familiar with trade association functions and structure, and with business-to-business events
- Create tools to facilitate sponsorship recognition
- Creating post-event reports to include digital metrics (IAEE and event websites, email blasts, social media, mobile app, recognition onsite at the event, etc.)
- Have knowledge of social media trends and usage
Event Marketing & Promotion:
- Proofs exhibitor, sponsor and attendee communications such as the What to Know Before You Go messages.
- Drafts copy for meeting websites and microsites.
- Assist with developing slides for session walk-in/out presentations.
- Assists with social media
General Logistics Support
- Assist in the preparation of poster session logistics.
- Produce session count sheets.
- Prepare exhibitor packets.
- Prepares pre-con staff packets according to Meetings Team’s requirements.
- Proof meeting signage.
- Coordinate packing and shipping of event materials.
- Create and distributes shipping labels.
- Performs various administrative duties including but not limited to: Preparation of, proofing and editing correspondence; coordinating mailings
- Special projects as assigned.