ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN 2 (FULL AND PART-TIME)
|Req #: ||110496 |
|Department: ||UWMC ANESTHESIOLOGY |
|Job Location: || UW Medical Center |
|Posting Date: ||11/14/2016 |
|Closing Info: || Open Until Filled |
|Salary: ||$3,692.00 - $5,448.00 (monthly - based on full time) |
|Union Position: ||Yes |
| || This classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit Union Information |
|Shift: ||Rotating/Variable |
|Notes: || This posting will be used to recruit for multiple part-time and full time positions. |
| Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report "America's Best Hospitals", UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW's School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. |
UWMC's Surgical Unit has outstanding opportunities for full-time and part-time ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN 2's. We are looking for a health professional with experience in providing excellent direct patient care with anesthesia prior, post and during medical procedures. The Anesthesiology Technician 2 assists the operating room physician in preparing patients for surgical operations and procedures, examines patient vital signs, gathers data from monitors, assists physicians in the operation and maintenance of anesthesia equipment and devices, and observes patients post procedure. Patient age groups include newborn infant, pediatric, and adults. The Anesthesiology Technician 2 is an integral and essential member of the Operating Room Team and performs detailed procedures critical to the care and well-being of UWMC patients.
Additionally, responsibilities include:
- Prepare, calibrate, and connect equipment such as blood pressure monitors, EKG's, EEG's to patients, and operate/maintain clinical analyzer
- Install, prepare, calibrate, maintain, and modify electronic and mechanical equipment used for anesthesia
- Obtain blood samples and provide blood parameters to medical staff as directed
- Disassemble, decontaminate, and prepare anesthetic and monitoring equipment as needed
- Present, interpret, and record physiological data
- Assist UWMC OR staff with training of medical staff in routine and emergency use of anesthesia monitoring and resuscitation equipment
- Related duties as trained and required to support Anesthesia Services
Competitive candidates will have a strong patient care background such as EMT or Paramedic training.
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
| Associate of Arts Degree in Biomedical Electronics; OR two years of post-secondary education/training with emphasis in the sciences and one year of work experience in electronics service, maintenance and repair |
OR two years of experience as an Anesthesiology Technician I, Paramedic, Laboratory Technician, or equivalent.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as an anesthesia technician and high school diploma or GED
- A graduate of an ASATT two-year approved program or equivalent
- A graduate of an ASATT approved program and completion of required clinical
component or equivalent
- A strong patient care background such as EMT or Paramedic training.
Candidates with current certification as an Anesthesia Technician or Technologist strongly preferred
|CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:|
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL PROGRAM
Anesthesiology Technician positions are eligible for participation in the Employee Referral Program. If you were referred to these positions from a current UW employee, be sure to give them credit. In order for employees to be eligible for the ERP incentive, you must include their name in the assessment you will be asked to take following your application for this position.
For more information, contact Senior Healthcare Recruiter, Maria Kim at email@example.com.