The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for prospect, and project management within the Office of Biomedical Advancement. The incumbent will identify, cultivate and solicit key donors capable of giving $250,000 or more to the Division of Biology and Medicine which includes Alpert Medical School (AMS) and the Program in Biology.
- Bachelorâ??s degree required, plus 5-7 years experience in philanthropy,with an experience in major giving from individual donors..Development/fundraising experience preferred; if no direct fundraising experience, the incumbent must demonstrate highly transferable experience from another relationship-oriented field, such as private banking.
- A self-managed working style that includes the ability to devise strategies, engage prospective donors and advance relationships to solicit a major gift within 3-5 visits.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and oral to articulate the value of the Institutionâ??s mission to prospective donors and convey how their gifts would make a difference.
- Proven ability to solicit and close gifts on the $100,000+ level, or equivalent experience in related field.
- Familiarity with the academic medicine, higher education or complex medical centers to better understand and articulate the value of Brownâ??s teaching, research and clinical mission to prospective donors.
- Should have a high degree of computer literacy and management information skills.
- Background criminal check required
Recruiting Start Date:2016-07-26-07:00
Job Posting Title:Major Gifts Officer
Department:Office of the Dean of Medicine & Biological Sciences
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.