Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 14,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is only the second university in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree granting programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Its business incubator also supports that mission. The University boasts eight colleges--Rohrer College of Business and colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Engineering, Graduate and Continuing Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics?and has been called upon by the state to create a College of Health Sciences.
SUMMARY: Responsible for phone support in the Customer Services Call Center, Revenue Cycle Department. Answer calls and respond to customer/patient questions/issues related to the account. Resolve outstanding balances, update account status in the Centricity Business system and process payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Reviews insurance bills which were declined or not paid.
2. Reviews bills which will not process and helps resolve the issue to allow the bill to be submitted to the insurance company.
3. Re-submits insurance bills as needed.
4. Reviews insurance information on patient billings.
5. Reviews accounts with their supervisor or department manager to determine the best methods of resolving unpaid accounts.
6. Investigates if patient accounts have been paid according to the terms and conditions of the contract.
7. Attends periodic meetings with clinical departments, for which they handle billing follow-up.
8. Follows department policies and procedures regarding posting payments and adjustments to accounts in the billing system.
9. Understands and adheres to Rowan's compliance standards as they appear in the School's Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience in physician billing handling a variety of types of insurance accounts. Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of faculty and staff.
Please be advised that some positions are subject to the residency requirements of the NJ First Act (N.J.S.A. 52:14-7, P.L. 2011, Chapter 70). Any person hired into identified positions shall either have their principal residence in New Jersey or they have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey. The law also provides that any person may petition a State committee for an exemption from the requirements based on critical need or hardship.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
The Stratford, NJ Campus is a Tobacco-Free Workplace.
A leading public institution, Rowan University combines liberal education with professional preparation from the baccalaureate through the doctorate. Rowan provides a collaborative, learning-centered environment in which highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and students integrate teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, and community service. Through intellectual, social and cul...tural contributions, the University enriches the lives of those in the campus community and surrounding region.