| Security System Technician – Midland, MI |
Mercury Network Corporation is in search of a qualified Security System Technician in Midland, MI. It is preferred that candidates have a strong and proven background in inspecting, installing, and servicing intrusion detection, access control, and video recording systems.
If you have the experience and/or feel that you have the ability, enjoy working with your hands, and wish to work in a rewarding industry that protects life and property, we are interested in hearing from you. Mercury offers a strong compensation package including great pay, medical insurance, dental/vision insurance, company-paid life and disability insurance, individual retirement accounts with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
The candidate will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of a wide variety of low voltage systems and equipment from different manufactures. The primary systems will be intrusion detection, access control, and video recording, but from time to time the technician will be working on other systems such as fire alarm, intercom, nurse call, audio system or other low-voltage systems. This job requires attention to detail, professional appearance and behavior, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both self-directed and as a member of a team.
• Install and program intrusion detection systems, access control systems, video recording systems and peripherals from start to finish with little or no supervision
• Install related low voltage cabling, including audio, video, ethernet, telephone, and coax3
• Work with customers to identify necessary and desired systems, components, and services to meet customer’s needs and wants
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot various system issues that may arise
• Perform regular and emergency service as required
• Maintain an on-going dialog with the Project Manager to ensure work quality, performance, and materials meet required schedules and expectations
• Manage inventory and materials
• Complete paperwork in an accurate, legible, and timely manner
• Perform some self-training to complete quality installations
• Provide customers with system operation training
Education and Experience Requirements: • Minimum High School Diploma or GED with 2 years working experience OR • High School Diploma or GED, plus a Trade school or certification with no experience OR • Military Experience
Skill and Attribute Requirements:
• Demonstrable understanding of low voltage security systems: access control, readers, panels, power supplies, door locking hardware, sensors, cameras, DVRs/NVRs, low voltage wiring, distance limitations.
• Must be familiar with industry standard installation practices and local, state, and national codes, including NEC and NFPA codes applicable to the position.
• Experience with conduit installation and working with unistrut
• Working knowledge of various versions of Microsoft Windows and computer utilities
• Experience with computer and network communications protocols and interfaces, including TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, Cellular, Ethernet, RS-485, RS-482, RS-232, RJ-45, RJ-31X, etc.
• Customer-oriented interpersonal skills
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, specifications, and schematics
Essential Functions and General Requirements
• Must have clean driving record, valid driver’s license, pass drug and background checks
• Perform basic vehicle maintenance and keep work vehicle clean and organized
• Manage inventory and tools for each job to assure proper parts and tools are on hand
• Manage the installation jobsite in an efficient and safe manner keeping it clean, organized, & professional
• May require performance of On Call duties as required including responding and resolving weekend trouble calls.
• Follow All Mercury Policies & Procedures
• Be on time, ready to work when scheduled, and complete all duties assigned by management in a timely manner
• Must maintain current knowledge of NEC and NFPA codes applicable to the position, and be willing to attend training sessions
• Must be able to obtain required Certification(s)
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds?
• Must be able to climb ladders and tolerate heights reaching a minimum of 15 feet
• Must be able to recognize safety alarm sounds and sights
• This position requires the handling of chemicals that may be skin and respiratory irritants. Must not be sensitive to these materials, MSDS are available.
• Constant (5-8hrs/shift) standing, walking, handling objects, and eye/hand/foot coordination
• Frequently (2-5hrs/shift) reaching, carrying and grasping objects, repetitive motions
• Occasionally (up to 2hrs/shift) stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, crawling, exposure to weather, heavy to very heavy physical work/duty ?
Mercury will provide a company vehicle, standard tools such as screw drivers, punch downs, crimpers, strippers, a cordless drill, tool belt, etc. as well as a Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).